DEAL CloudAtCost Promos

classicalmusic

Reaction score
centos builds dont build,
I've had luck with CentOS. First time took a couple days. This last go around I built one, deleted, rebuilt and it failed. I restarted and within 5hrs i had a working CentOS server. When they are busy with promos, it may take a few times to build.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
My C@C instance has died, same time they were doing their "Emergency Maintenance". It's up and running, sort of. Extremely slow, a few phones are registered, most are not (out of 20). It took a ticket escalation just to get the thing booted. My other VM's are fine including a Windows '08, 2 Debian mail scanners and a web server. Just the PBX took the hit.

It's acting like it's disk issues, anyone have any commands that can narrow down where the bottle neck is before I blow this thing away and decide what my coruse of action moving forward is? It's a CentOS VM.

mbellot

Reaction score
My C@C instance has died, same time they were doing their "Emergency Maintenance". It's up and running, sort of. Extremely slow, a few phones are registered, most are not (out of 20). It took a ticket escalation just to get the thing booted. My other VM's are fine including a Windows '08, 2 Debian mail scanners and a web server. Just the PBX took the hit.

It's acting like it's disk issues, anyone have any commands that can narrow down where the bottle neck is before I blow this thing away and decide what my coruse of action moving forward is? It's a CentOS VM.

No help, just seconding the issue. Three of my servers (of six, 50%) went dark, nothing would get them back so I blew them away and created three new ones last night.

This morning they were all up and running, now I just need to configure them.

FWIW - I think they were all on DEV1, and when I created new ones yesterday DEV1 was NOT an option, only DEV2.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Mine is starting to respond a little better, since this isn't mission critical (it's just my house and remote family), I'm going to lave it for another day or two and see if it recovers.
I have Voip.ms set to reroute to our cells on failure, so I'm not losing calls or anything. What is pissing me off is the lack of Blacklist when the server was failed, man that blacklist filters a lot of calls for me!

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I have 3 active servers with C.a.C. (PBX; simple webserver; cloud backup and transfer server). All are running fine ATM. I can see that the PBX went down sometime yesterday, but it seems to have rebooted without issue and is functioning fine now.

classicalmusic

Reaction score
FWIW - I think they were all on DEV1, and when I created new ones yesterday DEV1 was NOT an option, only DEV2.
I had to blow my server on Dev2 because of no response. I'm in the process of rebuilding. :(

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
My original PBX instance has returned to "normal", as normal can be for a C@C instance. LOL

classicalmusic

Reaction score
My new box just went offline again. When I goto panel.cloudatcost.com the response is "We are currently performing maintenance".

They sure do a lot of "maintenance".

mbellot

Reaction score
I had an odd one earlier...

Went to change the root password and kept getting an error about updating a token.

Worked fine on two out of three new builds, but this one refused even after two reboots. Killed it and started (another) new build.

I can't complain too much when I think about how much I paid for six instances, but this is getting a bit old.

mbellot

Reaction score
Random question (Ward please move if this is too off topic).

Does anyone know how to use the additional IPv4 addresses? I have three and would like to "double up" access to a couple servers.

I have successfully added a second IP to one server (Modify-IPV4 address-Add) to the server, but there is a cryptic message about "manually add the new IP to the Server networking configuration.".

I have "successfully" added the second IP to eth0, I think, by modifying /etc/network/interfaces. ifconfig shows the second ipaddr, but it has an abbreviated output compared to the primary address.

If I ssh to the second address it responds, but login fails, if I ssh to the primary IP I can login.

I'm running Ubuntu 14 on the server.

classicalmusic

Reaction score
Lost access to my CentOS build again 3 days ago. :( It shows up on the panel, and the mem usage changes, however, I cannot ssh into the server, nor is my incrediblePBX working when I call.

In my experience, this seems to be the norm now. I thought, did my IP change...but I have the dynamic dns set up, so if my home IP changes I can update my host. I did this and still no access. The kicker is my PBX is down too.

mbellot

Reaction score
Lost access to my CentOS build again 3 days ago. :( It shows up on the panel, and the mem usage changes, however, I cannot ssh into the server, nor is my incrediblePBX working when I call.

Good luck getting it back.

FWIW - I think the stats (mem, disk cpu) are pure BS. I have six identical instances and the usage is all over the map.

classicalmusic

Reaction score
Good luck getting it back.

FWIW - I think the stats (mem, disk cpu) are pure BS. I have six identical instances and the usage is all over the map.
I performed a reboot from the console. After the server came back up, i was able to SSH and the PBX was back online. Weird!

I agree. The stats seem meaningless. When I log in and use top command, they are no where close to dashboard. No worries...happy to be back online for the time being. :)

deeiche

Reaction score
I had my DC2 system go offline about 5 days ago, but was on vacation and let it stay dead. FWIW, Panel shows it was powered up. I rebuilt it ( DC1 only datacenter available ), took only minutes. I changed root password, started Ubuntu upgrade / update cycle. A few minutes later I lost connection. Tried to log back in, could not log in with either new root password, or original assigned password. I killed it, and started another build.

twinclouds

Guru
Reaction score
I bought 4 when on sale. They works o.k. overall. However, recently, I have one stopped working. First, the control panel had no response. Today, I even cannot SSH into it anymore. It always give me the message "Network error: the connection refused." I submitted a ticket last weekend but never got any response. I updated the ticket but no response either. Is there anyway to contact them directly? Hope somebody can help.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@twinclouds If a reboot doesn't fix it, consider it TOAST. Cut your losses and rebuild. Tech support is a complete waste of your time. We have some servers that have run for six months or more... and others that can't make it a week. So we've been down this road many, many times now.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
^^^ What he said.

Happily, I have 3 C-a-C servers that just hum along with no problems whatsoever. In one case going on two years. One is a basic website running nWeb; one is an Incredible PBX 12.0.70 instance; one is -- well, let's not talk too much about that third one. Once I get them working I tend to not fiddle with then much. Right now I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 exclusively because it seems to be the easiest to get reliably up and running.

TL-DR -- C-a-C is a toy; a sandbox. I paid $3.50 each for a bunch of Dev 1 servers and I am thrilled. But don't use one for anything mission critical; absolutely do backup anything important; and just shrug your shoulders and "revel" in the task of rebuilding fresh/new/different/better if one ceases to function.

classicalmusic

Reaction score
I have had a server running since Apr 2016 (my last post here). The server became un-responsive. I went ahead and rebuilt. Unfortunately with all the Black Friday promos the builds are taking 48 hrs ish.

I have a problem where I can log in via the browser console, however I can not via Putty. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know a fix? Or should I rebuild again? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.