DEAL CloudAtCost Promos

mbellot

Reaction score
80% and 90% off coupons now are gone. TAKE70 still works. Things should start settling down in the next few days. Hang in there.

Yep. I now have 3 out of 4 servers built and passing the panel network tests. All Ubuntu 14 (1 CPU, 512M, 10GB).

I haven't had time to go beyond that, too busy working on my annual contribution to the federal and local mafia.

deeiche

Reaction score
An update. Checked API listservers page today, saw below:

Ubuntu build "Installing"
Debian build "Powered On"
CentOS build "Powered On"

I was able to login to Debian build, changed root password and ran update. CentOS system does not respond to ssh or ping. Ubuntu system was in "Installing" state until a few minutes ago, when it changed to "Failed".

I had a ping monitor against all 3 IP addresses. The Debian system started responding a little after midnight, Ubuntu ~100am, CentOS never, even though CaC shows it powered up. The Ubuntu system still responds to ping, ssh connects, but login fails.

Another datapoint, Ubuntu and Debian built on DC-1, CentOS on DC-2.

So I have one system functioning, Woo Hoo!

deeiche

Reaction score
woot

I powered off CentOS system, then powered on. According to CaC panel and API. status is "Pending on". However it started responding to ping and I was able to login via ssh, updated root password, then a yum update.

I'm going to tempt fate with a reboot from Linux cli.

classicalmusic

Reaction score
Despite the issues people are having, I'm going to try this out. Heck, $10.50...maybe I won't buy another RingPlus phone :O ! haha

@wardmundy , do you have a referral email? Not sure if they have an affiliate program, but when we sign up there is a spot for email of person who referred us. With all the servers being built due to your plug on your blog...

Anyway, I'll wait a few hours to see if I hear back from you.

Thanks

deeiche

Reaction score
@wardmundy

As much as I moaned about CaC I appreciate the headsup on "the deal", 90% off made the pain less. CaC leaves a lot to be desired, but I have 2 "systems" running, @ $15 total. I can't imagine anyone paying "full" price for their servers.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Meeee Toooo...

I kept acquiring servers. I was thrilled, initially, to get the 60% off deal in 2014. Wow! Then, when I saw 70% off, I grabbed another. With 80% off, I just had to get one more! Having just gotten one at 90% off I feel silly having initially paid $14. :)

Haven't nabbed one for free, though, yet. I think that's the only price-point that would make me get yet another.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
It's dead Jim, but not as we know it:

Code:
Message from syslogd@localhost at Apr 11 16:20:56 ...
 kernel:[236587.897901] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 37s! [bzip2:23508]

Message from syslogd@localhost at Apr 11 16:20:56 ...
 kernel:[236587.898068] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 45s! [copy:23510]
100% [Packages 0 B] [3 Packages bzip2 0 B]
Message from syslogd@localhost at Apr 11 16:21:41 ...
 kernel:[236633.055926] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 35s! [kswapd0:29]

Message from syslogd@localhost at Apr 11 16:21:41 ...
 kernel:[236633.056120] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 35s! [systemd-journal:22369]

deeiche

Reaction score
My CentOS system shutdown twice over night, once for ~3 hours, the other for 25mins. Nothing shows in the logs.

mbellot

Reaction score
My CentOS system shutdown twice over night, once for ~3 hours, the other for 25mins. Nothing shows in the logs.

Odd.

I tried logging into the panel a couple times last night (~ 11pm-midnight central time) and was met with a "performing maintenance" message, but the one server I checked was still up and running fine.

steve54301

Guru
Reaction score
I had the same message late Monday night when I logged into the panel.

Emergency Maintenance - 04-11-1016 Development Cloud.
https://members.cloudatcost.com/

I think they replaced some drives or something. My server was running fine. I think they presently have a backlog of pending installs.

deeiche

Reaction score
Well, two days ago I decided to temp fate. I deleted 2 (debian and ubuntu) 512MB VMs , and created a 1G Ubuntu system (DC-2). This morning running listservers API command I see it is "Installing", however the ping monitor was still down. Login to CaC panel and I see installed failed. So I deleted it and created a new one on DC-1.

deeiche

Reaction score
new system finished install about 1000am, the fastest create yet.

time to turn it into a VoIP server.

Well, two days ago I decided to temp fate. I deleted 2 (debian and ubuntu) 512MB VMs , and created a 1G Ubuntu system (DC-2). This morning running listservers API command I see it is "Installing", however the ping monitor was still down. Login to CaC panel and I see installed failed. So I deleted it and created a new one on DC-1.

classicalmusic

Reaction score
I deleted a DC2 server about 10 mins ago. I am rebuilding. It is currently at 65%. That is good news.

FYI TAKE70 still works for CloudPRO 1 and higher. TAKE80 still works on CouldPRO 4 and higher. For $56.00 you get 4vCPU, 4GB RAM, 60GB storage on CloudPRO 4. Prob way more than I need...but I think I'd like more than the 512 RAM. :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
C@C running silent with 70 and 80% discounts is the best of all worlds. New installs build quickly, and only our friends know about "the deal."

classicalmusic

Reaction score
C@C is having their free server sale again. Free servers seem to be sold out (only had 100 servers). But other codes work fine:

CloudAtCost is having a month end promotion.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

100 FREE Servers

Coupon Code: GDTW43TF (Limit 1 per customer)

Discount: 100%

Servers: ALL Cloud PRO

Billing: OneTime

Coupon Code: GSFC45SR (Limited QTY)

Discount: 90%

Coupon Code: (Check back at 2:00 PM EST today)

Discount: 80%

Coupon Code: (Check back at 3:00 PM EST today)

Discount: 70%

classicalmusic

Reaction score
best of luck anyone trying to build a server
Yeah, it's over taxed right now. I'm getting error message when I try to build of, "no port". In a few days, once the crazyness of the promo is over, build go pretty fast in my experience.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Free servers gone.

Picked up yet another Dev1 equivalent for $3.50, if for no other reason to have that additional 10GB of cloud storage space.

Yes: all should prepare for yet another whirlwind of crappy build times.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Free servers gone.

Picked up yet another Dev1 equivalent for $3.50, if for no other reason to have that additional 10GB of cloud storage space.

Yes: all should prepare for yet another whirlwind of crappy build times.

It's not been that bad, though centos builds dont build, only debian and ubuntu seem to be working

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.