DEAL CloudAtCost Promos

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
tenor.gif

dziny

Guru
Reaction score
Check if sshd is running. Sounds like your instance does not start the ssh daemon or it is behind the firewall (hence the port is not reachable).

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
yay, requested a 15gb cloudpro to be built, and they have only given me 10gb space...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
That's a Debian quirk at Cloud@Cost IIRC. Don't worry. You still got ding'd for 15GB. ;)

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
and dc3 is not a choice, we are back to dc2, yay :iamwithstupid:

deeiche

Reaction score
I have two systems on DC1, they are down more than up. The CaC "panel" is worthless, constantly showing systems are up when they aren't. Also "console" connection does not work for me, though I thought it did when I first got these systems last year. I know I did not pay much for these, but they are basically useless.

Are all their datacenters this bad?

mbellot

Reaction score
I have two systems on DC1, they are down more than up. The CaC "panel" is worthless, constantly showing systems are up when they aren't. Also "console" connection does not work for me, though I thought it did when I first got these systems last year. I know I did not pay much for these, but they are basically useless.

Are all their datacenters this bad?

I've had the "best" luck with DC2. If your system is not working reliably then delete it and re-create it. I had two the other week go sideways after 6+months of reliable operation. Took me about a dozen delete/build cycles to get both back up and running, but now they are (so far) 100%.

CaC is not suited for anything critical, but for the one time cost it's a useful playground.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
beautiful bug on cloudatcost at present, choose any size ssd and it will only build a 10gb ssd,

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
9.18 Customers with a onetime payment service are subject to an annual maintenance fee of $9 which will be invoiced 12 months after using our service. This does not apply to users that have a monthly paid service. This Maintenance fee will ensure proper hardware upgrades and maintenance to reduce degradation of onetime payment services.

deeiche

Reaction score
IANAL

From a legal perspective you should not be able to retroactively change TOS which allows the provider to start charging an annual fee. Having said that, I'm not going to go to battle with CaC over this. Though it would potentially make for an interesting Class Action lawsuit. I'm sure there are enough people who purchased discounted lifetime service to drive CaC into bankruptcy. Then again, maybe that is where they belong. :-|

9.18 Customers with a onetime payment service are subject to an annual maintenance fee of $9 which will be invoiced 12 months after using our service. This does not apply to users that have a monthly paid service. This Maintenance fee will ensure proper hardware upgrades and maintenance to reduce degradation of onetime payment services.

mbellot

Reaction score

Changing TOS is BS (but probably allowed by the current TOS if you dig hard enough).

Still, $9/year isn't horrible as long as it's truly per customer and not something else (like per CPU owned). I have six vCPU, the 85% reliable service from CaC is worth $9/yr to me, $54 not so much.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Are we able to identify when that TOS provision went into effect?

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Time to migrate web services from C@C. Too bad I can't gift my resources, I have 32 vCPU, 320 G disk & 20 Gigs of RAM not being used.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm. I've been looking around, and I must say, I don't see any recurring charges. I did have to agree to the 'changed terms and conditions', but the only thing it said about charges, it that they were whatever the main page said.
There's nothing invoiced against my account, and they don't have a card or account to charge against. I guess I'll see going forward.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Hmmm. I've been looking around, and I must say, I don't see any recurring charges. I did have to agree to the 'changed terms and conditions', but the only thing it said about charges, it that they were whatever the main page said.
There's nothing invoiced against my account, and they don't have a card or account to charge against. I guess I'll see going forward.

same here, waiting to see, currently unhappy they are breaking my dns servers on a daily basis

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.