TIPS Clarification regards Traveling Man on 13-13.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Working on research on a number of minor nuisances on a new install. See email on badbots.

Anyway, onething I noticed was the following was not part of my Asterisk Cron tab.

Code:
# be sure to issue iptables-restart nightly in /etc/crontab like this:
# 15 0 * * * root /usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart >/dev/null 2>&1

Think I miss read something and just did not add it or ipchecker but since I know @ward did a lot of work on this I am wondering if I misunderstood something and I am looking in the wrong place.

/var/spool/cron/asterisk
Code:
*/15 * * * * /usr/sbin/fwconsole userman --syncall -q
* * * * * [ -x /var/www/html/admin/modules/dashboard/scheduler.php ] && /var/www/html/admin/modules/dashboard/scheduler.php > /dev/null 2>&1
0 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx-cron-scheduler.php
50 * * * * /usr/local/sbin/fwconsole util cleanplaybackcache -q
* * * * * [ -x /var/lib/asterisk/bin/schedtc.php ] && /var/lib/asterisk/bin/schedtc.php

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Answering some of my own questions ---

So I found the entries in /etc/crontab --

Code:
SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/
# For details see man 4 crontabs
# Example of job definition:
# .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
# |  .------------- hour (0 - 23)
# |  |  .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
# |  |  |  .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
# |  |  |  |  .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat
# |  |  |  |  |
# *  *  *  *  * user-name command to be executed
15 0 * * * root /usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart >/dev/null 2>&1
*/10 5-22 * * * root /root/ipchecker > /dev/null 2>&1
2 0 * * * root rm /tmp/*.sln >/dev/null 2>&1

and "service crond status" shows it's running
crond (pid 1615) is running...

But what's it run under in this environment as 'crontab -l' indicates it's not running
root@ipbx1:/etc $ crontab -l
no crontab for root

And if I su to asterisk it picks up the file from /var/spool/cron/asterisk
Code:
[asterisk@ipbx1 ~]$ crontab -l
*/15 * * * * /usr/sbin/fwconsole userman --syncall -q
* * * * * [ -x /var/www/html/admin/modules/dashboard/scheduler.php ] && /var/www/html/admin/modules/dashboard/scheduler.php > /dev/null 2>&1
0 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx-cron-scheduler.php
50 * * * * /usr/local/sbin/fwconsole util cleanplaybackcache -q
* * * * * [ -x /var/lib/asterisk/bin/schedtc.php ] && /var/lib/asterisk/bin/schedtc.php

TIA --

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Run's under crontab's internal account, I think. That's why you have to specify the user in /etc/crontab entries.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
So in addition to the questions I have raised in the other thread regarding stops and starts -

https://pbxinaflash.com/community/t...ban-stops-and-starts-a-lot.22582/#post-137428

I have another quandary -- When I do an add-fqdn for SIP UDP why do only the SIP udp dpts:5060-5069 get defined. Should not there also be line for rtp along the lines of this ?

Code:
 # RTP - the media stream
 # (related to the port range in /etc/asterisk/rtp.conf)
 iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp -s travelingman.dyndns.org --dport 10000:20000 -j ACCEPT

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
So in addition to the questions I have raised in the other thread regarding stops and starts -

https://pbxinaflash.com/community/t...ban-stops-and-starts-a-lot.22582/#post-137428

I have another quandary -- When I do an add-fqdn for SIP UDP why do only the SIP udp dpts:5060-5069 get defined. Should not there also be line for rtp along the lines of this ?

Code:
 # RTP - the media stream
 # (related to the port range in /etc/asterisk/rtp.conf)
 iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp -s travelingman.dyndns.org --dport 10000:20000 -j ACCEPT

IPtables figures out the RTP ports on its own. You only get an RTP connection after an already established SIP connection.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Actually, at least for older ATA's it does not --

This was solved when I moved the add_fqdn to a 0 (ALL) from that ip address.

Will have to go back and setup the appropriate RTP Ports so I can restrict it back to SIP UDP / RTP only from that site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.