CID Superfecta + FreePBX 2.9

gladroger

Reaction score
Thanks tm1000, I will try it.

Ridiculous error?

Edit: Yeahiieee, it works! Thanks a lot!

Chronos74

Reaction score
I've gone through this thread and the checklist below and am still having a problem. I can get the proper result when I put the address into my web browser, but its not being sent on to the phones.

EDIT: Nevermind... turns out I forgot one thing in step 4... its working now :banghead: /EDIT

For people having trouble and want to report issues that will actually help the devs, please go thru this checklist:
  1. Make sure you are running Superfecta 2.2.4 patched with the latest version of callerid.php. At the time of this writing the latest version is r485 and was uploaded on April 6. To get the latest version of callerid.php follow directions in this post. If you don't know if you are running the latest, download again and repatch. Obviously you need Superfecta enabled on inbound routes. Until you do this step the following steps are of no help.
  2. Make sure Superfecta debug is working. If debug doesn't work and you are running the latest version of callerid.php (see 1 above) you will get a lot of output which could be helpful if you post it in this thread. If debug is working, the last 2 lines of debug output should read like this:
    If debug doesn't work, the remaining steps are no help to you.
  3. Check to see if Superfecta is working from a browser by opening a browser (not IE!) and going to this url:
    Code:
    http://maint:[email protected]/admin/modules/superfecta/bin/callerid.php?thenumber=5555555555
    Fill out appropriate values for your_password, your.pbx.address and known working phone number in place of the 5's. To be crystal clear, if my login password was "rubberducky" and my PBX IP address is 192.168.0.130 and I know I will get valid CNAM with this number: 1234567890 then the test url would be:
    Code:
    http://maint:[email protected]/admin/modules/superfecta/bin/callerid.php?thenumber=1234567890
    If Superfecta is working properly, you will get plain text of the CNAM in the browser the same as it would appear on your phone. If you are getting a blank page, make sure that you are using a phone number that debug returns an actual valid CNAM. If you are getting an authorization error check to ensure you are using maint and the right password. If this step doesn't work, the next step is of no help to you.
  4. By this point you know that Superfecta is working properly and is providing CNAM via http, so the last step is to ensure that FreePBX settings for the CID module are set properly. In FreePBX under Setup, "CallerID Lookup Sources", "Caller ID Superfecta" verify that all of the fields are filled out properly. If you have a standard Superfecta install you should have the following:
    Source Description: Caller ID Superfecta
    Source Type: HTTP
    Cache results: <unchecked>

host: localhost
    port: <leave blank>
    username: maint
    password: <your freePBX maint password>
    path: /admin/modules/superfecta/bin/callerid.php
    query: thenumber=[NUMBER]

Substitute appropriate values for those noted between <> other values should be EXACTLY as above. If any of the above fields are wrong correct and test. If it solves your problem report here with what it was that fixed it. I am not running FreePBX 2.9, the above fields are taken from a (much) earlier version and could be wrong, please someone correct me if that is the case.
If the above 4 steps don't fix Superfecta then post here with a summary that includes which step the problem occurs and any error output you get. In your post, state that you have patched to the latest callerid.php described in step1 to save us from asking.

To rcoates, your complaint about a stray [ makes me think that the query field from step 4 might be wrong.
To Ste73 did you inculde the login credentials for the url as shown above in step 3?
To gladroger CNAM on some phones but not others makes zero sense to me unless you are also getting funny stray characters, I doubt any of the above steps will help you with that. The error about unable to connect to 127.0.0.1 points to incorrect login credentials see step 3
To ustelephone, you have debug working, you can start at step 3 and report back

As of the time of this writing, I only know of 2 Superfecta devs that have tried with FreePBX 2.9, one with no issues and the other no issues once the login credentials of step 4 were fixed.

Lorne

Last edited by a moderator:

nunya

Reaction score
Thank you, this appears to have restored functionality to my system as well.
Asterisk 1.4
FPBX 2.9
CIDS 2.2.4
Edit: I spoke too soon. CIDS works fine, but any calls (CIDS) that aren't in asterisk phonebook do not ring through. They go straight to voicemail.

Gotenks

Reaction score
No go here...

Doing a debug/number lookup shows: "Detected FreePBX version is at least 2.9"

Upgraded FreePBX to 2.9 and even after re-installing the module, getting rid of hotelwakeup module and using wardmundy's suggested fix am just not getting Superfecta going. Superfecta worked prior to 2.9 upgrade, I just wanted to get endpoint manager working by upgrading (which endpoint manager now works...) Now I'm doing everything I can think of to make CID Superfecta work without success :(

Running this (with my info/number instead) only shows a blank page in Google Chrome:
Code:
http://maint:[email protected]/admin/modules/superfecta/bin/callerid.php?thenumber=5555555555

Does anyone have any ideas?

Fresh PiaF Purple edition with Incredible 2.x installed.
PiaF = 1.7.5.6
FreePBX = 2.9.0.7
Superfecta = 2.2.4
Asterisk = 1.8.5.0
OS = CentOS release 5.6 (Final)
Kernel = 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5 - 32 Bit

Gotenks

Reaction score
Solved!!!

This problem might only happen on Incredible PBX installs with the newer 2.x load but I don't know. Since I'm in Canada, none of the extra modules I just disabled matter to me but you need to uninstall:

• Gizmo5 Integration
  • Gabcast
  • Google Voice
Now lookup's work. I don't know why just that they do and that's good enough for me :D

Reaction score
This problem might only happen on Incredible PBX installs with the newer 2.x load but I don't know. Since I'm in Canada, none of the extra modules I just disabled matter to me but you need to uninstall:

• Gizmo5 Integration
  • Gabcast
  • Google Voice
Now lookup's work. I don't know why just that they do and that's good enough for me :D

Well, some of those modules DO matter to many of the rest of us. The better solution is to go here:

freepbx.org/trac/browser/contributed_modules/release

Find the latest version of the Google Voice module (it's showing 0.1.1 today), click on the link, then on the page that comes up, at the bottom center of the page you should see a link that says:

Download in other formats:
Original Format

Click on the words "Original Format" and it should download the updated module file. The go to Module Administration in FreePBX and click on "Upload modules", upload the module you just downloaded, and do what FreePBX tells you to do to enable it.

That's the CORRECT fix for this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.