QUESTION Change Ringing Time for user on Wazo

GlenC

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to change the ringing time for a user in Wazo? I've tried setting it several times, even disabling it and it still rings for about 30 seconds every time before going to voicemail. Could be I'm misunderstanding something somewhere.

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Hello, you only need to change this settings on your user and it works.

GlenC

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Sylvain. There seems to be two places I can set this? I just changed it on the Call Management, Incoming Calls, DID. Ring Time setting and it seems to work properly. Last night, I was trying to change IPBX Settings, Users, 703, Ringing Time and it seemed to have no effect. I will look at it some more when I get off work today. Thanks!

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Yes there is two places, but result are differents. If you set the ring time in DID to a user, it affect only an incoming call. Please can you give me a log of your call (asterisk CLI) when you change this value on your user (internal call).

GlenC

Reaction score
@Sylvain Boily I made 3 tests, and have logs for all 3 but, I can't find an option to attach them to my post. Here is what I tested:
  1. Set incoming ring time to 50 and user ring time to 15. FollowMe number set. It rang for about 35 seconds and then my mobile voicemail picked it up. (this is the problem because, I need Wazo to go to voicemail before my mobile does)
  2. Set incoming ring time to 15 and user ring time to 50. FollowMe number set. It rang for about 15 seconds and went to Wazo user voicemail
  3. Set incoming ring time to 30 and user ring time to 15. FollowMe number not set. It rang for about 15 seconds and went to Wazo user voicemail

If you can tell me how to attach or send the logs, I will do it.

Edit: Now that I have had time to think about it, this is probably the intended behavior and I should set the ring time in Incoming Calls to accomplish what I am trying to do. Am I right?

Last edited:

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
If you can tell me how to attach or send the logs, I will do it.

Before Posting
Save your information in file as one of the Accepted file types:
zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif, gz, rpm, mp3
click 'Upload a File'
in dialog click 'Browse' and select your file
click close.
Click Post or Post Reply when done.

OR
In Edit post by * dialog click 'More Options'
click 'Upload a File' and to finish as above.

GlenC

Reaction score
Thanks Ostridge. It seems I don't have those options, perhaps because I still have New Member status?

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
I don't have those options
You can still use the 'code' tags accessed by the [+] on the BB code toolbar
Code:
choose Language i.e. the code type (usually General code;  or html or php ) 
then pop your code into the dialogue box

You can type the code tags directly \[code\] yourcode \[\/code\] but without the backslash escape characters.

The alternative is to host your stuff elsewhere perhaps pastebin or dropbox or google+ and then put a link to your stuff into your post.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.