chan_dahdi.conf problem

dcitelecom

Guru
Reaction score
we run PIAF 1.755 with FreePBX 2.8.0.4 and Asterisk 1.6. At some point one of my colleagues installed the FreePBX Dahdi module and now etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf, chan_dahdi_additional /general / groups.conf are all blank.

/var/www/html/admin/modules/dahdiconfig/etc/chan_dahdi.conf also only contains the following so basically I am missing all Dahdi settings. I remember in trixbox we had like 20 settings in there.

How do I fix this? Remove the FreePBX module and manually restore the chan_dahdi.conf file in etc/asterisk? How do I generate the default file?

; Copied from DAHDI Module of FreePBX
[general]
#include chan_dahdi_general.conf
[channels]
; include dahdi groups defined by DAHDI module of FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_groups.conf
; include dahdi extensions defined in FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf

dcitelecom

Guru
Reaction score
sure. During the initial install. I guess we'll just run it again to rebuild the file. One question though. I hate the FreePBX SIP and IAX modules and don't use it. Can I also uninstall the Dahdi module or do I have to live with it?

dcitelecom

Guru
Reaction score
i just noticed the Dahdi config module in FreePBX 2.8.0.4 in module admin is from Digium. Do I have to use it?

dcitelecom

Guru
Reaction score
OK. Do I switch off my system to run dahdi_genconf? (Do I stop asterisk?)

dcitelecom

Guru
Reaction score
I get an error

dahdi_genconf
Empty configuration -- no spans
Empty configuration -- no spans

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
In chan_dahdi.conf, those are not comments but links to files to include their configurations. Here's how dahdi loads:

1. Runs the kernel drivers - looks at /etc/dahdi/system.conf for config
2. Asterisk loads and looks at /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf which runs through its include files. They've divided up the configurations into more sensible files. Like chan_dahdi_general.conf for global configs. That's probably contains what you are expecting.
3. FreePBX configures /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_additional.conf (included in chan_dahdi.conf) for extensions
4. FXO and E1/T1 trunks are mostly manually configured now. Not too familar with the latest FreePBX Digium module yet. I'm still running Asterisk 1.6 and FreePBX 2.6.

I would try running the FreePBX dahdi module and then post what it does.

dghundt

Guru
Reaction score
I ran dahdi_genconf via the command line and worked for my rhino card. Are you sure you have your card installed properly?

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
What does dahdi_tool report? Check if the kernel drivers are loaded by typing the following:

dmesg | grep dhadi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.