FYI CentOS 7 + IncredibleFAX install fails

Reaction score
I now have a running/stable CentOS 7 + IncrediblePBX install (I think). Basic use of the GUI suggests things are working now.

Next I wanted to add the IncredibleFAX using the incrediblefax11.sh script. I fails early on (expectation of FreePBX repo fails, PIAF-green fails, CentOS 6.x fails, and some bash variable handling also fails). I'm posting this only as an FYI :)

I'll be trying to make this script work manually and will post some feedback as I make progress, hopefully helping those who maintain these scripts. I've attached the stdout of the installation FYI.

Attachments

• ifax-install-log.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 6

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Michelle Dupuis Thanks for all your work on CentOS 7. If you could document all of your changes, we'll be glad to add them to the install scripts. As for the Incredible Fax installer, I would caution that zero effort has been made to make it CentOS 7-compatible thus far. Good luck. Take good notes.

Reaction score
Some highlights so far:
  • some packages (like cron-vixie) have been renamed, and some are deprecated
  • init scripts are now longer used with systemd (but are compatible)
  • inittab is no longer used - faxgetty's have to become systemd services (not just appended to inittab)
  • I'm using the latest iaxmodem 1.3.0 from source
  • I'm using the latest hylafax+ from epelrepo
  • (The above 2 could probably be avoided, but I don't know what files are available in the piaf archives)
  • Some minor bash changes testing for variables, etc
I've attached a first draft...but still some manual editting required. In particular, need to create systemd files like this:
file /etc/systemd/system/faxgetty-ttyIAX0.service
[Unit]
Description=HylaFAX faxgetty for ttyIAX0

[Service]
User=root
Group=root
Restart=always
RestartSec=30
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyIAX0

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Attachments

• incrediblefax11plus.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
avantfax is a bit more complicated...the v3.3.5 of avantfax has a RH installer, but it's not RH7/CentOS7 friendly yet.

I'm not going to try to fix their installer - so expect no AvantFax functionality for now.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Missing AvantFax would be a deal breaker for us. It provides the GUI to send, receive, and read faxes. Without that, faxing gets much more complicated, and it's complex enough as it is... with AvantFax. ;)

Reaction score
Since AvantFax is essential for PIAF users, I won't invest more time in the installer script for now. But for anyone following this same path, you will need to add one more service file (/etc/systemd/system/hylafax.service):

[Unit]
Description=HylaFAX

[Service]
User=root
Group=root
Restart=always
RestartSec=30
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/hylafax start
ExecStop=/usr/sbin/hylafax stop

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.