FYI Can't login ssh after new install, all ports blocked

hostile

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to Incredible pbx. Not new to linux tho.

My prob is, I installed it both on Ubuntu 14 and Centos

I went okay, at the end server rebooted and I logged in, it check for updates, I hit enter a,d after that Unable to login anymore, had to delee server from panel, Happened twice already.

Whats im missing?

I got to the point when I got that gui that shows time and all services are up, the n it restart, I login to root and got choice update hit enter or ctrl + c for cancel

Update makes all ports blocked.

Should I cancel it and run scripts for firewall? iptables?

I dont want it block at all, how to switch it or allow all connections from any IP, for testing.

And if use firewall how to do it for dynamic IP, My IP is dynamic...

I install it on cloud at cost remotelly.

Thanks for help

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If your local IP changes regularly, then use PortKnocker to get back in and add the IP address. We'd recommend you set up your local machine with a dynamic DNS updater and then add that FQDN to your server with /root/add-fqdn. Then you won't get locked out.

hostile

Reaction score
Is it way to switch it off?

Or whitelist any ip

And it was blocking port 80 too cuz gui didnt worked

is it port knocker already preinstalled with this? http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14183

Thx

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You don't want to turn off the firewall on a Cloud-based platform with no hardware-based firewall to protect you.

PortKnocker should be there. Look in the /root folder for your credentials... knock.something

hostile

Reaction score
I temporary allowed all traffic on any open porst for testing / learning.

I got new issue

I can call demo 3366 but only when im on WIFI

When I use mobile phone data 3G/4G there is no response from pbx

Any idea

thank you

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Don't run a PBX on the public Internet without a firewall unless you have a big wallet to pay your phone bills!!! That's a lesson you don't want to learn. :batman:

If you're just getting started, you are much safer installing Incredible PBX on an old PC that's lying around and experiment BEHIND a hardware-based firewall where it's safer to turn off the included firewall. A new tutorial is now available on Nerd Vittles tomorrow.

Last edited:

rchalk

Reaction score
If using a cloud server such as RentPBX, make sure the port number for SSH is included in the add-fqdn script. In Travelin Man 3, the SSH ports are 22, and 9022, but the rentPBX port is 20022.

Edit the script to add a comma, and 20022 right after the 9022, so the line looks like this:
entry[8]="-A INPUT -p tcp -m multiport -s $iptest --dports 22,9022,20022 -j ACCEPT"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.