NO JOY Cant dial out Trunk. What does this error mean?

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
VOIP.MS Trunk can dial in but on outbound I get this:
Code:
[2017-03-10 10:40:00] WARNING[26547][C-0000002a]: app_dial.c:2432 dial_exec_full        : Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
    -- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:23] NoOp("Local/954XXXXXXX@from-internal        -00000014;2", "Dial failed for some reason with DIALSTATUS = CHANUNAVAIL and HAN        GUPCAUSE = 20") in new stack

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Login as root Check trunk registration from Console
Code:
asterisk -rx "sip show registry"
asterisk -rx "sip show peers"

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure the call is making it through your Outbound Route(s)?

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
Nothing makes sense.....basically the only calls that succeed are calls from this system to the main office via IAX2 trunk but ONLY to extensions at the main office.
Tried a DISA call via the remote office and the call fails with the Main Office system reading back the digits of the number called.
So, the call is making out of the Remote Office, but fails but fails at the receiving end whether its via SIP Trunk (VOIP.MS, they sent me the Trace from their server) or via IAX2 Trunk (again VOIP.MS) or via IAX2 Trunk to Main Office box

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
Also, even when I take the VOIP.MS Trunk out of the Outbound Routes completely I see the call trying that Trunk (and failing) almost as if FreePBX has not saved the change to the routing? Maybe someone who understands Dial Plans and FreePBX can say if this is normal behavior?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.