NEED MORE INFO Can't connect phone to PIAF 13-12 with Incredible PBX

gatorphan

Reaction score
I am coming from amateur experience with PIAF purple with Freepbx.

I haven't setup the trunks yet as my vitelity subaccount is currently directly connected to another phone and I don't want to miss any calls while I'm trying to setup this server.

So I'm just trying to see if I can even connect a phone (well, YATE) to the server. I keep getting "offline:unauthorized" when I try it with the port included in the server ip. Without the port, it just tries to connect forever but never registers.

Note: With PIAF 13-12, I'm seeing PJSIP and CHANSIP for the first time. I chose CHANSIP because it allows NAT to be turned on (which in my other PIAF purple installation required for proper 2 way audio). Let me know if I should be using PJSIP perhaps?

I've tried working with IPtables to include my location's ip address. When that didn't work, I tried to restore my iptables (which gave me some weird error). I have no idea if my iptables are correct at this point.

Incredible PBX seems to come locked down by default which is great but for an amateur, I can't figure out why I can't just connect an extension.

Would love some thoughts on this.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
hi there...can you paste in your status command? is this new PBX located where, on or off site?

I would leave things and stay with SIP for now. Don't complicate matters. KISS principle.

the pbx comes by default allowing local (private non-routable networks).

from a CLI you can try

Code:
iptables -L INPUT

that will show you whats in the pbx firewall.

regarding vitelity or your gateway provider you can always setup another subaccount to test with but I agree get it working with local extensions and call between them first.

Leon

Bill Coghill

Reaction score
Try connecting on port 5061 and PJSIP defaults to 5060 and CHAN_SIP uses 5061.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.