FOOD FOR THOUGHT Cannot Save Vitelity Outbound Trunk

kflorian

Reaction score
Just getting started with 3CX...

My Vitelity inbound trunk appears to correctly save.
When I try to set the outbound trunk the message is "Feature not available in the C3X PBX Edition."

I'm doing a manual "migration" (re-creation) of my active Incredible install.

Nicky

Reaction score
The 3CX PBX edition allows 1 sip trunk. Seems you already used your 1 available trunk.

Reaction score
The 3CX PBX edition allows 1 sip trunk. Seems you already used your 1 available trunk.
I think 3CX would be doing this community a big favor if it removed the 1 SIP trunk limit. Hobbyists often have multiple providers because that's part of the 'fun'. I think the limit on 8 simultaneous calls should be enough. For you average home it could even be less than 8! I think the 1 SIP limit is a showstopper for the hobbyist - residential user. Another option is low cost one time fee that would bump up that limitation.

Their whole pricing model seems to be focused on simultaneous calls so why have a trunk limit at all?

kflorian

Reaction score

Thank you. I incorrectly assumed that I'd need to set both an inbound/outbound per my old setup.

Nicky

Reaction score
You're welcome - Happy to see you try this out.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

kflorian

Reaction score
I've been using PBX in Flash since 2010 but I am not an expert. Getting this 3CX version running was straightforward. I thought I'd have a weekend of learning...I had it running in about 2 hours...which included all the learning time.

Looks great so far.

Nicky

Reaction score
If you need any help you let us know. We are extremely busy at the moment, but we want to contribute to the PIAF community as much as we can. Also we are learning so much from this experience.. Our goal is to deliver another update until beginning of December so we can have a good Xmas Break!! :) Stay in touch..

kflorian

Reaction score
I know "all the learning time" sounds kinda ridiculous...but such is the life of a home hobbyist when working with Mundy stuff. I created an IncrediblePBX almost 6 years ago and haven't touched it much since then. "It just works."

I should trademark that phrase!

bbtech6650

Reaction score
It also seems that only one DID can be used with the free version too. Is this supposed to be like this or is this a bug?

Nicky

Reaction score
No you should be able to have unlimited DID's. 1 trunk but as many did's as you want. Can you doublecheck?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.