QUESTION Cannot place outgoing calls to toll free numbers

slypher25aussie

Reaction score
I know this is the PIAF forum, but I hope I am posting in the right place. I have an issue with Incredible PBX on my Raspberry Pi. I have the latest version of Incredible PBX currently downloaded, running, and configured. I noticed an issue when I dial out to a toll free number that begins with "877" or "888", I get no audio. The call connects, but I cannot hear anything. I'm using Cisco phones configured with SIP firmware, and SCCP firmware. The codec is ulaw, and I see that packets are being sent and received.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Who's the carrier you're using for the outbound call? Try another one and see if that fixes it. Normally audio problems like this are firewall issues where the NAT is not being done properly.

slypher25aussie

Reaction score
Who's the carrier you're using for the outbound call? Try another one and see if that fixes it. Normally audio problems like this are firewall issues where the NAT is not being done properly.

I’m using the Google Voice trunk for all outbound calls.

I’m not too terribly confident with NAT configuration. What should those setting be?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately with GV I am not sure I don't use it because I can't control my caller ID. There are some comments on one way GV audio issues in other forum posts from the last couple weeks; you might want to see if you can pour through those. You could also setup a trunk with Alcazar networks. They do not charge for toll free termination (ie it's free) and you don't even need an account according to their web site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.