NO JOY Cannot make incoming calls from non-SIP devices

pbxuser

Reaction score
Hello,

I am able to make out-going calls to the real world(non-sip phones) and am able to call extensions with software SIP programs but I am not able to make incoming calls.

I would say that devices that aren't registered to my PBX will not be able to have incoming calls

For example, if I use my cellphone and call my PBX assigned phone number it will instantly hangup. My software SIP does not receive the calls.

If I dail extension only on a pc with software SIP my other computer with software SIP will receive the call

I am using AWS image to note

I essentially followed this guide:
http://wiki.voip.ms/article/FreePBX_/_PBX_in_a_Flash

I left Outbound CallerID blank

Here is my trunk info
I left Outbound CallerID blank
canreinvite=nonat
nat=yes
context=from-trunk
host=*******
username=*****
fromuser=*****
secret=*****
type=peer
allow=ulaw
disallow=all
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
insecure=invite
qualify=no

******@*********@location.voip.ms

stanjohn

Not quite right
Reaction score
Nat problem, no audio on sip is a problem with the setup of your network routers and modems. One common problem is more than one router between pbx and internet. Decribe your local network, or try IAX connection to sip provider.

Uncle Robin

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is obvious, but have you configured an inbound route on the PBX (Connectivity -> Inbound Routes)?

Also I 2nd stanjohn about trying IAX; a nice feature/option VoIP.ms has.

pbxuser

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is obvious, but have you configured an inbound route on the PBX (Connectivity -> Inbound Routes)?

Also I 2nd stanjohn about trying IAX; a nice feature/option VoIP.ms has.

Yes,

I have
Route: Incoming
DID Number: Given DID from voip.ms

Set Destination:ringbackgroup and tried to extensions
left default options

When I call my PBX from my cellphone or a non-SIP phone it does not dial and just hangs up(terminates call). I believe it isn't an audio(codec) issue but it is not allowed to make a connection to my PBX.

I can use my software SIP to call the outside world and other extensions

I am currently using the AWS PBX in a Flash with a elastic IP address from Amazon. I have what is recommended firewall configuration in the following guide:
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=5060

I can try the IAX connection and see if it makes a difference

What log files can I look at to see what my calls are rejected?

Last edited:

stanjohn

Not quite right
Reaction score
log files under Reports>Asterisk Logfiles . You can change error level too get more info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.