NO JOY Cannot log into Queue with 6731i

gordon

Reaction score
Hi,

I've set up some queues and I tested them with soft phones. I went to join the queues with my 6731i phones and I cannot get them to dial the connection number. After I press 1* or 1** and dial, it just gives me the tone that it is waiting for input.

For example, the first queue is 1. On the soft phone I dial 1* and it has me verify the extension number and says agent log in. Then I dial 1** and verify the ext and it says agent log out. If I try this on the 6731i, it doesn't seem to dial the trailing * or **.

Please let me know what information can I provide for help with these? I am hoping this is just some common configuration error with the 6731i but I didn't see anything. I am using firmware 2.6.0.2010 on the 6731i phones. PIAF-Green with IncrediblePBX. Asterisk (Ver. 11.2.1), FreePBX 2.11.0.0beta2.2 from the admin page.

Thanks,
Gordon

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
This would be caused by a problem with the dial plan not dialing correctly. Unfortunately I am not a dial plan expert (especially on the Aastra's). But that's what I would look at.

gordon

Reaction score
This would be caused by a problem with the dial plan not dialing correctly. Unfortunately I am not a dial plan expert (especially on the Aastra's). But that's what I would look at.

Thank you. It was the dialplan. I was using the default dial plan and it didn't allow this. Also, the Aastra dial plan regex seems unusual and lazy by default instead of greedy. I couldn't find any documentation for it either... rather frustrating. But I've got it working now.

If anyone knows where I can find technical documentation for aastra phones I would appreciate a link. The user guide and install guide listed on their website isn't too useful.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.