QUIRK Cannot Access Admin GUI

Reaction score
I've been running the SL6.7 version of PIAF for over a year now. I thought it odd that in that time, there have been NO module updates - I mean, I know it is a good product, but... nothing?

Well, I still check, just for kicks. Except today, when I logged into my web page with the admin account, I found I was stuck at the "Welcome to Incredible PBX" page. When I choose anything from any of the dropdown menus, I am kicked back out to the page that has the three icon selections: "Incredible PBX Administration", "User Control Panel" and "Get Support". Any ideas? Thanks!

dgirard

Reaction score
oddly enough, I'm running the incredible pbx turnkey distro, and I suddenly am having the same problem. I can't seem to find anything in any logs that indicate an error, just any menu item cases a return back to the page described above.

Is there another log file somewhere to look at?...or does anyone have any suggestions at all? My PBX is working, but I can't make any changes right now.

dgirard

Reaction score
OK, think perhaps I found a fix.

I noticed in the /var/log/asterisk/freepbx.log file there was an error message after login:

[2016-Aug-22 23:40:45] [PHP-WARNING] (Unknown:0) - Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_2b02j8m7fm46dbeq4kujtlqho6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)
[2016-Aug-22 23:40:45] [PHP-WARNING] (Unknown:0) - Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session)

I verified that var/lib/php/session exists. I did notice that it was owned by root.apache. Just for grins I changed the ownership of this folder to be asterisk.apache.

Once I changed this ownership, the admin gui started working again.

I have no idea why the permission on this folder would have changed...could there have been something in a recent update?

David

Reaction score
That did the trick!

I still find it interesting that I show no modules that need to be updated after almost two years. For example, I have Incredible PBX GUI version 2.11.1 installed. Is that the current version?

OK, think perhaps I found a fix.

I noticed in the /var/log/asterisk/freepbx.log file there was an error message after login:

[2016-Aug-22 23:40:45] [PHP-WARNING] (Unknown:0) - Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_2b02j8m7fm46dbeq4kujtlqho6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)
[2016-Aug-22 23:40:45] [PHP-WARNING] (Unknown:0) - Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session)

I verified that var/lib/php/session exists. I did notice that it was owned by root.apache. Just for grins I changed the ownership of this folder to be asterisk.apache.

Once I changed this ownership, the admin gui started working again.

I have no idea why the permission on this folder would have changed...could there have been something in a recent update?

David

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
/var/lib/php/session
I'm using incrediblepbx raspbian8 Jessie Asterisk 13.7;
FWIW: I notice the session id is in directory
Code:
 /var/lib/php5/sessions/
Both the 'sessions' directory and the file 'sess_<number>' have chown as asterisk:asterisk

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Session ownership is an age-old quirk from running yum update (and perhaps apt-get upgrade) on Asterisk servers.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.