QUESTION Can you replace CNAM with incoming DID information? And thanks for the tutorials...

thecyber.ninja

Reaction score
So I have Incredible PBX running on CentOS using http://nerdvittles.com/?p=30236 using a few different incoming and outgoing trunks that seem to be working well so far.

So my question... on an incoming call, is it possible to show the DID the call is coming in on in the caller ID name field? Ideally, I would see the number of the person calling (CID) and the number they are calling (DID).

In the name of self help, it appears under "Applications" -> "Set CID" might be a good starting point within the gui, but am lost from there...

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Of course, under incoming route, you will find under options: CID Name Prefix. Just do 15615551212 : for example as the prefix or whatever your DID name is, and it will prefix this on any inbound call. People often find it my advantageous to put something in there that is more easily understood, such as: SEO: or Billboard: or Web: ... maybe Marketing: ... whatever it is that helps identify why people are calling that DID so that people know how to answer the call properly.

brianjordan76

Reaction score
Of course, under incoming route, you will find under options: CID Name Prefix. Just do 15615551212 : for example as the prefix or whatever your DID name is, and it will prefix this on any inbound call. People often find it my advantageous to put something in there that is more easily understood, such as: SEO: or Billboard: or Web: ... maybe Marketing: ... whatever it is that helps identify why people are calling that DID so that people know how to answer the call properly.
you sir are a genius!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.