AWAITING FEEDBACK Can not save Vitelity registration info to trunk

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I have out going calls working Inbound calls are failing. I get this message:

A call to your DID 614xxxxxxx from 6143xxxxxxx has failed at 1:58pm on 10/21/2016 MDT. We received 'CONGESTION' when attempting to route the call to your server or device. This number is configured to route to the peerpeer name on the account xxxxx

This error usually means your server or device does not recognize the number being dialed. If using asterisk, make sure you have the correct inbound context specified on your inbound trunk and that you have correctly added an inbound route/extension logic for this DID.

I have tried to put correct registration in my vitelity trunk but it wont save.

Thank in advance and have a great weekend

Jeff

Nicky

Reaction score
Interesting.. We do not send congestion messages..
But if it is what I think.. I suspect we have a source identification error. Basically 3CX does not trust the source of the number.. this is a hack protection to avoid Cid diversion or hack attempts using the pbx as a proxy to call some little number in nigeria making you pay a hefty bill..

I just contacted Ward.. Im going to speak to him and see what procedure I should use to assist you. Because I want to also see the vitelity problem. They are our partners.. We do not want issues with vitelity. Asking you for additional info now is not appropriate for security purposes.

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I have out going calls working Inbound calls are failing. I get this message:

A call to your DID 614xxxxxxx from 6143xxxxxxx has failed at 1:58pm on 10/21/2016 MDT. We received 'CONGESTION' when attempting to route the call to your server or device. This number is configured to route to the peerpeer name on the account xxxxx

This error usually means your server or device does not recognize the number being dialed. If using asterisk, make sure you have the correct inbound context specified on your inbound trunk and that you have correctly added an inbound route/extension logic for this DID.

I have tried to put correct registration in my vitelity trunk but it wont save.

Thank in advance and have a great weekend

Jeff
Interesting.. We do not send congestion messages..
But if it is what I think.. I suspect we have a source identification error. Basically 3CX does not trust the source of the number.. this is a hack protection to avoid Cid diversion or hack attempts using the pbx as a proxy to call some little number in nigeria making you pay a hefty bill..

I just contacted Ward.. Im going to speak to him and see what procedure I should use to assist you. Because I want to also see the vitelity problem. They are our partners.. We do not want issues with vitelity. Asking you for additional info now is not appropriate for security purposes.
Thanks, Here is the reply from Vitelity

"I am seeing the call passed to your IP address and returning a 404 not found:"

jeff

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Doesn't Vitelity need both an inbound and outbound trunk?
Without using an Obi 200 or another gateway, how are you getting arround the 1 SIP Trunk limit?

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Thanks I've just installed haven't got that far yet.
Was just wondering about the 1 sip trunk limit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.