Can I use Comcast TM504G with PBX ?

Cire3

Reaction score
Hope not a stupid question... I have a PBX server I just built for a client as he is in a Contract with Comcast for a few more years that include phones. they have a TM608G phone modem. Can we use this for sip Via Ethernet ? or do we have to purchase a FO FX card (Think thats the term) Or what should I use ? Using Incredible PBX Ubuntu 18

kenn10

Reaction score
You would need FXO connections to the PBX for the analog lines coming out of the modem 8-port voip gateway. The other option is to port the numbers to a SIP provider and then cancel them with Comcast but that would doubtless cause cancellation charges from Comcast.

A direct SIP connection to the PBX will result in the best audio qaulity for phone calls so compare the cost of an FXO gateway with the cancellation charges from Comcast and go from there. A device that handles 8 analog lines would be something like this unit: https://www.voipsupply.com/gxw4108 and runs between $200-1200 depending on manufacturer. Many people have recommended the Grandstream units.

Last edited:

rdoac

Reaction score
Comcast offer a SIP box for termination for Enterprise Customers. They need your private IP of your FreePBX server, and you need the IP of their SIP box. There is no authentication. We use this for a client. Their SIP box is actually connected to a private cable modem, independent of your internet - then plugs into your network with a static IP.

If you need a contact at Comcast who can get this going, let me know?

Cire3

Reaction score
First off, thanks for the reply !

That is what I was afraid of. Figured with Comcast selling EDGE, they would want you to pay even more for a system.

I purchased the Grandstream GXW4104 Gateway. We shall see how it goes.

Again thanks !!!

Cire3

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't see the second post for whatever reason ? So they have a Arries TM608G on site. Is this the box your referring to, or is it a different box that connects to the existing network ? They have a Comcast Gateway for internet, as well as phones. They have business class, so I'm not sure that's considered Enterprise? Is this an additional cost on top of the phone lines ? Or just so clients can use the PBX with their service ?

Little green on this yet, learning as we go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.