TIPS Calls fail when x-lite used in ring group

UCnerd

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a hobbyist with incredible pbx now for a few years. I have decided to use it in my home business in which it's operated without any real issues. However a week ago I found a customer complained they called and got nothing after receiving a short ring back and what would appear to have been an answered call.

Long story short, I've reinstalled the system and run into the same issue at some point. I found that when a x-lite extension was programmed in a ring group which contains all phones the system fails to receive a call (ringing all other available stations) when x-lite is offline. Rather than ringing all other extensions the call simply fails and nothing rings on my end and the user calling in gets dead. A debug using verbose 3 and debug level 3 seems to disconnect me from asterisk and I get the linux prompt part way through the debug, so my debug gets as far as appearing to have a problem with the extensions in the ring group using ringall before the debug closes. I made a call while logged into asterisk -r without any debugs and found the test call causes asterisk to cleanly close as well so I know it's not any sort of window overun.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior? If I remove x-lites extension from the ring group things work fine. If it's programmed and x-lite is offline things don't connect and seemingly disrupts asterisk, closing the asterisk login, and failing to disconnect the calling party who will receive dead air forever.

My programming

- Inbound default route
- Send call to ring group 600

Ring Group 600 (Fails on incoming calls when x-lite offline) - Removing x-lite from RG resolves issue
- ext 700
- ext 701 (x-lite)
- 1NXXNXXXXXX

Send Calls to VM if unanswered.

chris_c_

Reaction score
You maybe found a bug which causes asterisk to crash.
1. Which version of all the software is your system using. Asterisk, PJsip, operating system, PIAF or incrediblepbx version.
2. If you would, can you make note of which steps you need to take in order to force the bug/crash to happen every single time.

UCnerd

Reaction score
Versions:
Asterisk 13.13.1
Incredible PBX 13-12.2
Scientific Linux

Endpoints:
Grandstream DP715 (ext 7xx)
X-lite 4.9.7 Build 83108 (ext 7xx)
1NXXNXXXXXX# (to mobile phone)

Steps
Default route points to RING Group 6XX

Ring Group 6XX includes
ext 701, 702, OutBnd mobile number.

In bound calls then fail to ring internal/external numbers in the ring group as configured. However, in the debug I do see a command to execute on dialing the mobile number 1NXXNXXXXXX#, however a few lines after I see the following.

PBX1*CLI>
Disconnected from Asterisk server
Asterisk cleanly ending (0).
Executing last minute cleanups

This happens regardless of debugs on/off. So, it would seem the lack of a responding extension crashes asterisk momentarily, thus not disconnecting the call it began to connect. The call is not recorded in CDR, however I can see the call connection attempt within the debug. Things appear fairly normal, however I am no whiz at reading them.

The system DOES see the call come from my carrier, it records the CID, audio ports are determined, etc.

I suppose it does not have to be x-lite that is in anyway the cause, but simply having an extension listed in the RG that is not online seems to cause trouble. I can reproduce it repeatedly now that I figured out what may have been occurring. The x-lite app is sometimes open and sometimes not on my machine which may have been the cause of my sometimes dead air to outside customers and other times normal operation. Generally I don't use the app due to echo but I recently built a new PC that has bluetooth which can now be paired with my wireless headset, so I started working with the app online a bit more. I discovered this because I changed networks (via my new motherboards onboard wifi card) and when the app was down due to not being able to reach the PBX I found calls suddenly stopped working and it seemed to coincide with hoping off the network tied to the PBX which drops the x-lite app (I have not implemented routing between those networks yet). Regardless, if an ext is programmed that does not respond things crash. Order within the RG extension box is irrelevant as is any attempt at getting the system to skip the unregistered extension.

chris_c_

Reaction score
Which URL did you download the Incredible PBX 13-12.2 installer script from?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try deleting the XLite extension from the Ring Group and then add it back in below your mobile phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.