FOOD FOR THOUGHT Caller's phone number always wrong on Localphone

Halea

Reaction score
I've just setup an account with Localphone. Next, I got my phone number verified and registered so that I can use it as outgoing caller id on my outbound calls.
I can make calls on their trunks. The call quality is so, so. (Choppy at times, crackling at others)
But the biggest issue is with caller id, which almost never gets properly transferred.
I have made 9 calls to 3 destinations and 7 of them received completely bogus originating phone numbers, which seemed to be random. 2 got my number right.
Anyone has experienced similar issues?

Halea

Reaction score
Have you opened a ticket?
Yes I did and I've just got an answer. They are looking into the phone number format in their records and if some unallowed characters might have slipped within. I'm also getting a new number verified so that I can try out with a fresh entry.
Their phone number spoof protection technique is a major hassle and limitation. You can qualify as many numbers as you have but you can only use 2 of them as each number needs to be associated with a sip user/pass set (with corresponding sip trunks created on your PBX) and there seems to be a limit to 2 of those per user account.
Frankly not worth the pain. I only wanted to try because I read a couple of good feedback about international calling to Europe and your recent post.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As you've discovered, that's why we recommend spoofing TO your LocalPhone number rather than the other way around. Good luck!

Halea

Reaction score
I just wanted to update this thread with some feedback about a very unusual situation that we went through yesterday (Easter Sunday).

Suddenly all our calls to France started to fail around 10 am.
Considering that we are tangoing with 3 highly regarded international providers with 8 trunks at different price point levels, and we are paying top $, the failure of all of them to all of our French contacts was spooky, to say the least.

As we quickly analyzed our sip records we noticed that they were almost all for "trunk congestion". As we fired our test script which calls several dozens of echo-test capable test points overseas, while using all our existing trunks and also some trunks-in-evaluation, to which we had previously downgraded Localphone because of caller id problems, we discovered that only our calls to France were affected, but most importantly Localphone trunks worked fine.

So, we quickly put our two suspended Localphone trunks back in service, added some money on the dormant account and saved the day.

The outage that we experienced lasted through the late hours of the evening. We are still awaiting feedback from our providers about what caused it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.