QUESTION CallerID Superfecta Regular Expressions example?

bobkoure

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how the regular expressions section of CID Superfecta works.
Are there any examples out there?I can write regex strings, but then what? How do I get matching strings marked as spam so they can have a nice chat with Lenny.
Thanks!

bobkoure

Reaction score
There's a credit card spammer out there who uses a varying caller id in the pattern V\d{15}, although I'd probably use something more like ^\w\d{4,20}
(most recent was V120111336001201)

So, If I understand you correctly, if the regex module is activated it
1) tries to match the Caller ID string in the regexp section, reg ex ops is just for regex modifiers that you'd otherwise put as part of a regex (not clear how anything beyond i would be useful - and one point of my confusion is that the ops section hover doc lists ^ and $ as options, which I'd consider zero width anchors not options)
2) on a match does a database lookup on the URI in the url section (sounds like it might be looking up the number?)
3) Then if there's a match it... replaces the callerID (?)

bobkoure

Reaction score
Are you trying to blacklist calls based on the incoming Caller ID name or Caller ID number?
Sorry, I hadn't answered this directly - I'm looking to block based on CallerID name - which is what I thought the Regular Expressions module was for.

It might make sense to also have a module that can block on CallerIDnumber, but IMO it makes better sense for that one to use asterisk style pattern match rather than regex. If someone's using FreePBX they're IMO much more likely to know that than regex.

bobkoure

Reaction score
Hmmm... wrote a response but it's gone. My fault, probably.

Personally I think that functionality belongs in a different module. This one IMO is a bit mis-named, and probably should be something like universal URL query.
BTW, I ran into a way to blacklist via regex at http://tech.iprock.com/?p=10261
It's one of those changes you have to track and redo every time there's an upgrade, and I shy away from those - mostly because my memory isn't all that great :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.