Caller ID showing "asterisk" Viatalk Issue

luka

Reaction score
Few days ago phone start showing caller ID "asterisk" . Pickup the phone and nothing. Calling to my phone day and night. What is the problem ?:banghead:

phinphan

Reaction score
Sounds like your system is being probed for anonymous sip access so that your computer can get hacked. This happened to me and numerous others. You should check your logs and and your settings. Read the other posts where this has been described. You may need to turn off anonymous sip access immediately.

Bitnetix

Guru
Reaction score
Joe's got some great points in that article (so maybe I should post this comment there instead...). I want to suggest that you think of "anonymous" as meaning "unauthenticated" rather than "random stranger." It's English that's used to describe a type of SIP transaction, but it shouldn't be confused with what the English actually means.

Joe's suggestion is the same (basic) approach that we use on our servers to allow incoming SIP connections while weeding out the probes.

luka

Reaction score
<Before simply turning off anonymous SIP access and expecting everything to be OK>
I will try today and let you know. And THANK you all FOR THE HELP. I look the log and no surprise lots of 011XXX outgoing numbers.

luka

Reaction score
Done this:
Stopping anonymous SIP callers dead in their tracks:-

1. Set allow anonymous sip calls to on.
  2. Ensure every DID has an inbound route specific to the DID.
  3. Add a catch-all where you have either _. or null in the DID field.
  4. Set the catch-all Destination to "Hangup"
Now after I put my number in inbound routes - DID number 972xxxxxxx
When I call to this number system answered ""This number not in service"

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
If you have configured as per my instructions, there is no way that this message can ever be played - are you sure it is being played by your system.

Check the full log, and check that the DID delivered by your carrier matches precisely with the DID in your inbound routes.

Joe

luka

Reaction score
I forgot put 1before972xxxx
Thank you very much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.