TUTORIAL Caller-ID provider diff. - Flowroute

Reaction score
I'm familiar with the issues involved with the caller-id that is passed from various providers and the need to strip off or add leading digits.

I've changed providers a few times recently, the latest being to Flowroute. Changes in callers-id format will cause issues with existing blacklist or Asterisk phone book entries that you have or with return calls from your phones. Unless you want to change them all here is a quick fix.

In case you need it the lines below can be placed in your extensions_custom.conf file and adjusted for your particular needs. These lines reset the caller-id variable to include digits 2 through 11 deleting the leading plus sign and 1 from Flowroutes caller-id. It does this before the normal Trunk processing vs. the post Trunk level that the Set Caller ID Freepbx, third party module implements.

In your Trunk change Peer details section context to from-flowroute-com or whatever you want the name to be as long as it agrees with your new context. After the change the call processing will continue to the from-trunk context.

Hope this helps you out...

[from-flowroute-com]
exten => _X!,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERID(num):2:12})
exten => _X!,n,Goto(from-trunk,${EXTEN},1)

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Brian,

7 years later, I'm still referring back to this little tidbit each time I reinstall a flowroute-using system.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Old thread, same problem.

I added the following to my extensions_custom.conf file

Code:
[from-flowroute-com]
exten => _X!,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERID(num):2:12})
exten => _X!,n,Goto(from-trunk,${EXTEN},1)

My Trunks have:
context=from-flowroute-com

Now, the phone rings and shows two lines of CallerID info - the number (all without spaces) 8005551212 and on the second line 1-800-555-1213.

8005551212 is in my Asterisk Phonebook, but it no longer shows the name via the lookup.

If I comment out the new lines in extensions_custom.conf and change the context back to 'context=from-trunk' I just get +18005551212 on both lines of the display

Any idea what I borked?

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.