Caller ID name of Vitelity, LLC

voipRookie

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased a DID from voip.ms.

In FreePBX I set the OUTBOUND CID field to "My Name"<9725555555> for my extension.

When I use this extension to make a call to a Verizon land line number the CID name displayed is "Vitelity, LLC". When I use the same extension to make a call to an AT&T mobile number the CID name displayed is "Plano, TX".

I have a couple of questions:
1. Why does a DID I purchased from voip.ms display "Vitelity, LLC" as the CID name?
2. What setting do I need to change so it does not display "Vitelity, LLC" for the CID name?

Thanks,
Ron

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
voip.ms uses Vitelity for their DID's. That's why it's showing up that way, and Verizon et al are ignoring the caller ID settings you're making in FreePBX or they are not being passed through on your outbound call. I'll assume you are using voip.ms for your outbound calling and not another provider. If you're not, then that outbound calling provider may not be allowing you to pass the name.

One of the ways to deal with this kind of thing is to go to www.listyourself.net and register your listing with them. This tends to work fairly well to get the right thing to show up in the caller ID name.

mbellot

Reaction score
Are you using premium or value routing?

I've never had a problem with my name showing up with my number on outbound calls, but I've also always used the premium routing.

voipRookie

Reaction score
I'm using voip.ms premium routing. The CID name is displayed as "Vitelity, LLC" by my Verizon land line no matter which trunk I use to call out (voip.ms or Flowroute).

I added my number to www.listyourself.net but it can take up to 72 hours to take affect. I'll report back with the results when the 72 hours is up.

Thanks for the help.

voipRookie

Reaction score
Well after registering my voip.ms DID along with my name on www.listyourself.net and waiting the required 72 hours for the registration to take affect, the results are mixed.

Calling out my voip.ms trunk to a Verizon land line results in a caller ID name of "Private Name". However, calling out my Flowroute trunk to the same Verizon land line still results in a caller ID name of "Vitelity, LLC".

I guess I can live with the caller ID name of "Private Name" but the caller ID name of "Vitelity, LLC" is disappointing to say the least.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.