NO JOY Callback does not work...

Reaction score
Hello:

I am using Incredible PBX 11-12.2 at RentPBX (CentOS 6.7 - Asterisk 11.19.0 GUI 12.0.30).

I added a new DID for "Callbacks only" from Anveo Direct - tested and works fine.

I setup an inbound route for the Callback DID with Set Destination = Callback -> TestCallBack.

Edit Callback
Callback Description: TestCallBack
Callback Number:
Delay Before Callback: 20

Destination after Callback: DISA -> TestDISA

When I dial my Callback DID, I get the busy signal (I do not think that it is the "fast busy" signal) and after I hang up and wait 20 seconds or more, no callback happens. Correction - it is a fast busy signal.

My google search brought me to this October 2005 "Phone Home" article: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=73

Do I need to follow it to be successful at setting up "One Ringy-Dingy" or is there a different way to do it in 2017?

Any help with getting my dedicated Callback DID working would be appreciated.

Edit - later same day: I setup a IVR with two options: 1 - for CallBack, 2 - for TestDISA. Option 2 works; option 1 does not.

Rob.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hello:

Can someone tell me if "Callback" does or does not actually work correctly?

Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.