TIPS Call Waiting with FXO adapter.

qtlnx

Reaction score
Out of the box, just installed IncrediblePBX from an ISO image, connected one ATA adapter and one FXO adapter as external trunk. Default inbound route any DID to any CID. Calls flow just fine in both directions. When second incoming call is present I hear the tone and call waiting caller id transmission. However it appears that a) handset is unable to receive caller id information while call is in progress (when directly connected to a line a call waiting caller id is shown ) and b) using flash on the headset puts a call on hold inside PBX, of course.

Question: is it technically possible to make call waiting work as if handset is connected directly to a line?

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
@qtinx ... You might find passing a hook-flash through your iPBX to be problematic.

However, a search of this forum came up with a possibility from 2009 using a Digium TDM card: (http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/pstn-call-waiting-how-do-i-access-it.3036/#post-17862). It suggests that when you hear the call-waiting tone, hit the flash, then dial *0 to access the incoming/waiting call.

I'd recommend to ditch the FXO ATA and port the PSTN analog phone number to a local ITSP provider. (I prefer Vitelity). This approach keeps your existing PSTN number and eliminates at least any potential echo problems, and leaving the call processing to the PBX - and it allows multiple simultaneous (incoming and outgoing) calls without hassles.

OR ... simply forwarding the PSTN line to a SIP DID permits fall back to the analog line if your PBX doesn't work out for you. You wouldn't t have to be concerned about the number chosen for the SIP DID ... because it's possible to specify your PSTN number on outgoing calls in the extension configuration. Your telco may limit the number of simultaneously forwarded calls from your number, though ...

YMMV

/Pete./

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.