SOLVED Call Routing/Queues/IVR

Daniel Fite

Reaction score
Hello

I have some call routing questions. Ill try to be as brief as possible

Current setup
business hours time group to time conditions, day ivr, press 2 tech queue, manually assigned agents
then i have the same setup for 7 Nights pushing to different IVRs for each night of the week pushing to different ques for each after weeknight.
IVR- after hours monday>>>>press 2 >>> queue after hours monday>>>static agent 702>>>follow me 702, 802 (zoiper android sip client)
the idea here is to be able to setup each of our after hours techs to receive calls on there mobiles through follow me with the client sitting in the queue until they get the call. i have so many queues and ivrs and time conditions because i just want to be able to set the queue agents at the beginning of the week and have the pbx route the calls all week ( and not have to depend on someone to remember to adjust the queue agents every day, especially on Saturday and Sunday this is an issue)

so i get to setting this all up and i run into one issue. The incoming route is being sent to a time condition and that time condition, daytime, has a match of “IVR day” and non match of “IVR after hours monday.” with this setup i dont see a way to get the system to ever go to the IVR tuesday, wednesday, thursday, etc.

Is there a better way to set this up so i can route calls to a queue on different days with different agents or am i just missing something in the call flow??

Just to clarify if i just setup IVR DAY QUEUE DAY and IVR AFT HOURS, QUE AFT HOURS everything works but i have to switch out the QUE members daily based on who is on call that evening.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
So you have different queues because you have assigned each agents to them, such as queue mike and tom, queue mike and lisa, queue lisa and tom, then you assign Monday to which group is on call as opposed to having them sign in or out? What about having simply an after hours queue or ring group called on-call - and then have mike, lisa, and tom in it. Then set DND for whichever agents aren't on call? This is an interesting problem and I'd like to see the proper solution as I might have an upcoming similar constraint.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Have you tried cascading Time Conditions?
in addition to your bus hrs time group

setup 7 time groups(tg) 1 for each day of the week
example: tg sun nite
days sun-sun hrs 1700-0800 or your desired hrs

setup 7 time conditions(tc) 1 for each day of the week

setup 7 queues 1 for each night

call flow:
tc bus hrs
match => day ivr
no match => tc sun nite

tc sun nite
match => sun nite queue
no match => tc mon nite

tc mon nite
match => mon nite queue
no match => tc tues nite

tc tues nite
match => tues nite queue
no match => tc wed nite

tc wed nite
match => wed nite queue
no match => tc thur nite

tc thur nite
match => thur nite queue
no match => tc fri nite

tc fri nite
match => fri nite queue
no match => tc sat nite

tc sat nite
match => sat nite queue
no match => (how you want to handle the call take message, an announcement, night ivr)

Daniel Fite

Reaction score
Krzykat that might be a simple fix but unfortunately it still leaves the techs in control of whos getting calls.

islandtech---sorry if i wasnt clear. i already have that exact setup done. Problem is the inbound route is set to time condition day. Time condition day is set to day "match and after hours Monday "no match" My thought is you can cascade all you want but if you dont have a way to get the inbound route to follow those rules then it wont work.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
works for me
post your time groups , time conditions and inbound route

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Are there different night options needed for each night of the week?
If not then you don’t need 7 night ivrs

Explanation of my call flow:
Inbound route hits the bus hrs tc
if time matches bus hrs the call will goto the day ivr
if time does not match bus hrs the call will got to tc sun
tc sun
if the day matches sun the call will goto sun night queue
if not sun the call will goto tc mon
tc mon
if the day matches mon the call will goto mon night queue
if not mon the call will goto tc tues
tc tues
if the day matches tues the call will goto tues night queue
if not tues the call will goto tc wed
tc wed
if the day matches wed the call will goto wed night queue
if not wed the call will goto tc thurs
tc thurs
if the day matches thurs the call will goto thurs night queue
if not thurs the call will goto tc fri
tc fri
if the day matches fri the call will goto fri night queue
if not fri the call will goto tc sat
tc sat
if the day matches sat the call will goto sat night queue
if not sat the call will goto where you designate (hangup, play an announcement, take a message, etc)

Daniel Fite

Reaction score
islandtech. i was able to get this too work using the settings you provided. My settings had TC of if match IVR pm if no match ivr day. Once i changed the no match to look for TC everything worked as you said it would. thank you for your help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.