FOOD FOR THOUGHT Broadvoice - is anyone using successfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millard Mier

Reaction score
Without starting a Broadvoice bashing party, is anyone successfully using Broadvoice with the FreePBX? I have been a Broadvoice subscriber for about 7 years using a PAP2 and am now experimenting with FreePBX for the first time. I am using the Raspberry Pi version of Incredible PBX. The Broadvoice website has very obsolete information about Asterisk and their tech support has told me that they no longer provide assistance for devices that they do not supply.

I have read many forum posts about people having trouble using Broadvoice with Asterisk. If this combination is not possible, I will start looking for another provider.

My current settings (work sometimes for incoming, never for outgoing)

Trunkname: Broadvoice
Outbound Caller ID XXXXXXXXXX

Outgoing Settings:
Trunkname: Broadvoice

username=XXXXXXXXXX
user=phone
type=peer
secret=PPPPPPPPPP
qualify=yes
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=XXXXXXXXXX
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
dtmf=inband
disallow=all
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw

Incoming Settings: everything blank

Registration String:
[email protected]:pPPPPPPPPP:[email protected]/XXXXXXXXXX

where
XXXXXXXXXX is my phone number

PPPPPPPPPP is my secret (password)

My request not to bash Broadvoice is because most of the posts I have read are more interested in bashing the service than in answering valid user questions. I have personally been abused on another forum for asking this same question. Why can't people get along!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's not a matter of bashing their service, and it's not a matter of getting along. It's the Broadvoice Terms of Service that historically prompted many folks to leave Broadvoice. Haven't reviewed the terms recently, but I would start there if I were still a customer. I'm not.

We no longer provide technical support for Broadvoice services on this forum. That doesn't preclude anyone posting a response to your question but don't expect a response from the PIAF Development Team. You might have better luck obtaining support directly from Broadvoice.

TwigsUSAN

Guru
Reaction score
I use to have Broadvoice working, but some thing changed and I could never get it working again. So I said screw it and moved my line over to voip.ms.

Millard Mier

Reaction score
Thank you to both Ward and TwigsUSAN!

I appreciate the answers and you have fully answered my questions. In researching this, I read about half a dozen posts by TwigsUSAN about his difficulties with Broadvoice from around 2009. I now know that I need to move away from Broadvoice. I will read the Broadvoice terms of service though. Wasn't aware there was a problem.

MrBostn

Guru
Reaction score
Change the trunk name to sip.broadvoice.com Then in the registration string try with and without your password at the end.

Trunk Name: sip.broadvoice.com
PEER Details:
username=NNNNN
user=phone
type=peer
secret=PPPPP
qualify=yes
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=NNNNN
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=no
authname=NNNNN
Register String:
[email protected]:pPPPP:[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.