FYI Bluemix STT account setup has changed.

Jerry3716

Reaction score
The most recent post on Nerd Vittles is about setting Speech To Text using IBM Bluemix STT API. The instructions include -

4. Agree to terms and conditions, name your organization, and name your space (STT).

5. Choose Watson Speech to Text service, select Standard Pricing Plan, and click Create.

6. When Speech to Text-kb opens, click Service Credentials tab.

This has changed substantially. At least the screens that I received were very different. I muddled my through it. IT WORKS!!

Maybe the thought is that anyone doing this customization should be able to muddle through the differences.

Likely that the setup screens have changed from when this tutorial was originally written.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, @Jerry3716. The IBM Watson UI leaves a lot to be desired and changes regularly. Not sure it could be any less intuitive. We already have an account so it is difficult for us to backtrack through the initial setup. Any notes you made would probably be helpful. Glad you made it out the other end. :driving:

Jerry3716

Reaction score
After creating a userid, I had to add a payment method.

Manage → Account

Added payment method for Standard Account

My payment method was not automatically approved. I had to call the number provided.

After some work by the CSR, I was asked to input my payment method and it was approved.

Select - Create Resource button

Search for → Speech to Text

Select Low-latency, streaming transcription

Select region, organization(should already be userid), and space(dev or other space if multiple spaces).

Scroll -

Select **Standard tier** (first 1,000 minutes are free). To see the tiers requires scrolling and the default is Lite which is not what you want.

Select - Create button

Select Service credentials tab

Select - New credential button

The default is Credentials-1

Copy the credentials html including username and password for use below.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Get ready. Your payment method is going to get unapproved in 30 days. Your transcription will stop working and you have to go thru it all again.

Jerry3716

Reaction score
Get ready. Your payment method is going to get unapproved in 30 days. Your transcription will stop working and you have to go thru it all again.

Is it an IBM Bluemix problem? Or, something else that happens every month?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
It's a softlayer / IBM Cloud payment problem. I manage 4 different companies, so I signed them all up individually (they have to be kept separate). I got on the phone with softlayer to verify my CC details. They could never get my Canadian AMEX to work. They got my US Visa to work, but then 30 days later "my account was under review". Called back in, worked for 3 days, then "my account was under review again". Then the second account, which is a Canadian dollar account, on a Canadian Mastercard, that did not work the first time either, so I called that one in. So far that once has been OK but it hasn't been 30 days yet. Then the last one was on a different Canadian Visa - 2 calls so far on that one . . .

Anyway, the pattern you're seeing is exactly what I saw, so don't be surprised if you end up having to call back in about 30 days from now to get "authenticated again". Oh and by the way I had to reset my credentials one of these times too.

It's a great offering and so I go through the hassle, but for goodness sake not even one of my purchases went through automatically; all required calls. And yes, my billing addresses were all correct and all that good stuff, and I saw their $1.00 authorizations be approved . . .

Jerry3716

Reaction score
It's a softlayer / IBM Cloud payment problem. I manage 4 different companies, so I signed them all up individually (they have to be kept separate). I got on the phone with softlayer to verify my CC details. They could never get my Canadian AMEX to work. They got my US Visa to work, but then 30 days later "my account was under review". Called back in, worked for 3 days, then "my account was under review again". Then the second account, which is a Canadian dollar account, on a Canadian Mastercard, that did not work the first time either, so I called that one in. So far that once has been OK but it hasn't been 30 days yet. Then the last one was on a different Canadian Visa - 2 calls so far on that one . . .

Anyway, the pattern you're seeing is exactly what I saw, so don't be surprised if you end up having to call back in about 30 days from now to get "authenticated again". Oh and by the way I had to reset my credentials one of these times too.

It's a great offering and so I go through the hassle, but for goodness sake not even one of my purchases went through automatically; all required calls. And yes, my billing addresses were all correct and all that good stuff, and I saw their $1.00 authorizations be approved . . .

Thank you! I will be ready. Also, I am sure that you have helped others with your description!!

DoctorJ

Reaction score
Is this supposed to work with Incredible PBX 13-12.3 on CentOS 6.7?
Asterisk 13.7.2
PBX GUI 12.0.30

I, like @Jerry3716 above, muddled through the IBM Cloud. The interface is unfortunately nothing like the recent Nerd Vittles tutorial. I was eventually able to produce credentials for STT.

Inserted the credentials into the bluemix-test script, but received the error:

Code:
Warning: Couldn't read data from file 

Warning: "/var/www/html/admin/modules/directory/sounds/en/cdir-transferring-fur

Warning: ther-assistance.wav", this makes an empty POST.

curl: (35) SSL connect error

There is another post mentioning this error, but no resolution. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Sounds like the .wav file is missing . STT can’t translate something that isn’t there.

DoctorJ

Reaction score
Thanks, @wardmundy, right you are! On my installation, the wav file is not in an "en" subdirectory. Updated the script.

But, as suspected, the curl error persists...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.