SOLVED BLF Problem Incredible PBX 13-12

rchalk

Reaction score
I have several systems running older versions of the program, I think the one called "Silver", and using Aastra 6757i and similar phones. With this configuration, setting buttons to BLF and the appropriate extension numbers, the lights work as expected.

I have recently set up a version 12 Incredible PBX, and all functionality seems to work except BLF. Setting the buttons on the phone as above, the lights never respond to the condition of the extension - ringing, in use, on hold, etc.

Can anyone point me to a solution? I would like to upgrade all my systems, but this is a deal-breaker for some of my clients.

Thanks
Richard

rchalk

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing PBX 13-13 as recommended, and the BLF functions appear to work correctly.

Thanks Ward...

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing PBX 13-13 as recommended, and the BLF functions appear to work correctly.

Thanks Ward...
@rchalk are you using scripts in 13-13 or just programming the buttons manually for blf?

Last edited:

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I am using the original scripts from Aastra
I got them working per your directions in 13-13. I tried same steps in 2020 and no dice. At least I can get some systems updated from rentpbx to 13-13 and use incrediblebackup before they turn out the lights. Parking is not working but I can setup some valet parking blf's that will work well. What firmware are you using? It seems the services button sticks and remains lit with the firmware versions in your GitHub link. Are you experiencing this? Thanks for the great directions!

rchalk

Reaction score
Not at all sure what you mean by turning out the lights. Is that just for Backup?
I have had great luck with 13-13, and don't have any immediate plans to go any further with new versions...too many issues I see on the forums.

On the 6757i, I have 3.3.1.9027, and don't have any issues that I am aware of...

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Not at all sure what you mean by turning out the lights. Is that just for Backup?
I have had great luck with 13-13, and don't have any immediate plans to go any further with new versions...too many issues I see on the forums.

On the 6757i, I have 3.3.1.9027, and don't have any issues that I am aware of...
Incase rentpbx goes under. I'm wanting to move my boxes to vultr to use the $1 backups and put an additional backup on a VirtualBox and use incrediblebackup with 13.

rchalk

Reaction score
OK you're scaring me! Is there some reason to expect RentPBX to fail? I have been using them for about 7 years.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
OK you're scaring me! Is there some reason to expect RentPBX to fail? I have been using them for about 7 years.
I too have been using them for years without issue, however many have indicated that support is null there. They do not have a backup plan available. Curious as to what are you doing to back up those machines if they do go down? I like the vultr $1 backups and also the ease of using the incrediblebackup and restore to a virtualbox if needed.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the aastra scripts to work on 15-16 or 2020. Upon checking the install I get "freePBX database connection......FAILED." Wondering if anyone would have insight as to where to adjust to get it to connect?

1576857554985.png

rchalk

Reaction score
I tried this today, and get the same result. When I try using them, I get the firmware update, but not the configurations, so I am guessing this is the problem. I have looked at the actual script for Check_Install, but I don't know a lot about these, so I am stumped.

Have you had any luck solving this?

Thanks

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I tried this today, and get the same result. When I try using them, I get the firmware update, but not the configurations, so I am guessing this is the problem. I have looked at the actual script for Check_Install, but I don't know a lot about these, so I am stumped.

Have you had any luck solving this?

Thanks
I have not. I have stuck with 13-13 and it's been working well. Have you tried 2020? I was going to but haven't gotten around to it.

rchalk

Reaction score
I am also working with 13-13, but I had a thought. If we set up an extension in 2020, and then do a search of all files to find the user name, that would tell us where the database is. A similar search in 13-13 would show us the corresponding info on that version, and then perhaps we could create a symlink to point to the updated location. Your thoughts???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.