Black Friday / Cyber Monday

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Perhaps a network or HyperV problem. We're using CentOS 7 build 1908 as well and not seeing these issues on VirtualBox.

Could be, of course, but weird as every previous version built fine . . .

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Here's where things seem to start going wrong, but that file can be called exactly that way using wget manually. I'm wondering if I simply installed that first if it would work? Is there a way to fool the script and let me run phase 2 again? I'm curious to see what would happen if I fixed the Jansson issue then re ran it. I can do a fresh install and stop between phase 1 and 2 but . . .

Can't read private key appears a lot in the logs when installing DAHDI

Code:
[jansson]  Downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/asterisk/third-party/master/jansson/2.12/jansson-2.12.tar.bz2 to /tmp/jansson-2.12.tar.bz2
[jansson]  Retrying download
[jansson]  Downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/asterisk/third-party/master/jansson/2.12/jansson-2.12.tar.bz2 to /tmp/jansson-2.12.tar.bz2
make: *** [/tmp/jansson-2.12.tar.bz2] Error 4
make: *** Deleting file `/tmp/jansson-2.12.tar.bz2'
failed
configure: Unable to configure /usr/src/asterisk-16.6.2/third-party/jansson
configure: error: Re-run the ./configure command with 'NOISY_BUILD=yes' appended to see error details.
Makefile:109: makeopts: No such file or directory
**** The configure script must be executed before running 'make'.
****               Please run "./configure".
make: *** [makeopts] Error 1
spawn make menuselect
send: spawn id exp6 not open
    while executing
"send "\t\t\r""
chown: cannot access ‘/var/run/asterisk’: No such file or directory
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start asterisk.service
Failed to start asterisk.service: Unit not found.
sed: can't read /etc/init.d/asterisk: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf: No such file or directory
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart asterisk.service
Failed to restart asterisk.service: Unit not found.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Private key errors are nothing to worry about. The jansson download seems to be failing for some reason on your platform. You might try taking out --with-jansson-bundled in the CFLAGS line to see if that helps.

kenn10

Reaction score
Works just fine on Vultr - Centos 7
Just note about Vultr: I still have one of the bargain 1/2 GB memory, 10 GB disk instance. When I tried the install on this one, it runs out of disk. As an aside, the VitalPBX beta 2.3.9-1 with the VOIPBL blocking installed runs OK in the small instance.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, my 30G Egg used just under 10G on the initial install.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@atsak: Just to confirm that we now have successfully installed Incredible PBX 2020 plus the PUBLIC add-on plus Incredible Fax on Vultr, VirtualBox, and a HostFlyte KVM. Not sure what the problem is with HyperV, but it might be wise to look elsewhere for a platform.

EK5s0tRWkAAvWpb

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
It's Hyper V on Windows 10 with the 1903 update. It doesn't properly handle networking and DNS, some of the time. I'm going to try it on Server 2016 tomorrow. Bet it will work. Garbage update.

- yes it works fine . . . stupid Microsoft.

Last edited:

phinphan

Reaction score
Atsak - i feel your pain. Hyper-V is useless for me as it will not do any networking (on Windows 10). Virtualbox works fine but not Hyper-V. Microsoft has no answer for the problem other than tough.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Atsak - i feel your pain. Hyper-V is useless for me as it will not do any networking (on Windows 10). Virtualbox works fine but not Hyper-V. Microsoft has no answer for the problem other than tough.

Yes, well, Microsoft giveth and Microsoft taketh away. A free built in easy to use hypervisor on Win 10 which creates files I can then transfer to a virtual server host is a very convenient dev environment for me. Perhaps the next update will fix it again.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Yes, well, Microsoft giveth and Microsoft taketh away. A free built in easy to use hypervisor on Win 10 which creates files I can then transfer to a virtual server host is a very convenient dev environment for me. Perhaps the next update will fix it again.

Wasted a couple hours wrestling with Hyper-V. The problem seems to be that bridged and NAT network modes step all over each other. Networking has never been Microsoft's strong suit. Gotta wonder why DoD would ever award a cloud contract to them. What could possibly go wrong??

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Wasted a couple hours wrestling with Hyper-V. The problem seems to be that bridged and NAT network modes step all over each other. Networking has never been Microsoft's strong suit. Gotta wonder why DoD would ever award a cloud contract to them. What could possibly go wrong??

That explains how Trumps call accidentally got placed on the high security server:oops: - blame it on MS

atsak

Guru
Reaction score

Yes, that's the problem. The weird thing is the original version worked fine; I built several dev PIAF 13 and Issabel servers on it. Then they touched it. Now, annoying. Have to RDP to a server first if I want a Windows dev environment.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
VirtualBox runs fine under Windows 10. :sorcerer:

Yes, of course. The rationale for Hyper V is that I have built images as VHD files in Hyper V on my laptop first, added the differing trunks I use and removed the auto created extensions / groups etc that are in Incredible that I don't use, then move them onto a server when I upgrade or deploy a system (I have a half dozen or so to manage). If I use virtual box, I have to take the file and use either dd or a tool to make it into a VHD file then fix the drivers etc when I drop it into Hyper V. Hyper V does replication (even for free on the free version) which I can use for failover, standby, and a sort of backup, but even better I can use Hyper V to replicate then break the replication and setup the backup/restore functionality between two datacenters which gives me 100% the same. Then, I configure my carriers and phones for fail over, and I have a fully hot standby system (which so far this year in one instance has been used twice!).

So I can appreciate the MS haters around (I myself curse them from time to time) but practically speaking this is a rapid way to deploy and move systems between hardware and provide lots of redundancy. Added bonus it also runs my AD / Exchange / other stuff on the same platform and it's included in the license price for Windows . . . it works for me. You can even get dynamic memory to work in CentOS now apparently with a couple tweaks, though memory is cheap so lately I haven't had to use that.

Anyway, feedback - I spent some time playing a bit - got a couple weird web interface errors (500 type errors) when activating CID Superfecta and OSS EPM, but I just refreshed the page and started again and it worked the second time. Quite possibly a browser compatibility issue and not reproduce able yet. Core functions (extensions, ring groups, trunks, etc) all programmed without any issues.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@atsak: That's good news. I get too exasperated with M$FT. And now they've crept into two of our cars as well. JLR for some inexplicable reason is using M$FT software for the entire UI in all of their vehicles. If you turn the car on and don't wait a full minute for the crap to finish booting, you get all sorts of issues that are different every time you start the car. M$FT built a Tower of Babel on top of DOS, and these quirks are a frequent reminder of what a slippery slope that produced.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I believe Ford is/was using M$FT as well for the in-car entertainment. Could be wrong.

kenn10

Reaction score
I just did a fresh install of IncrediblePBX 2020 on a VPS. The sendmail config is a problem. I know there has been discussion around this but I don't see a definitive answer for the makemap issue. Everything else seems to work fine except setting up sendmail.

Code:
[root\mail]# cd auth
[root\auth]# vi client-info
[root\auth]# chmod 600 client-info
[root\auth]# makemap -r hash client-info.db < client-info
-bash: makemap: command not found

However this fixed it so I could finish configuring. Does the install script need a fix?
Code:
cd /usr/bin
rm makemap
ln -s ../sbin/makemap.sendmail makemap

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
A new release of DAHDI is now available for Incredible PBX 2020 that supports the new FXO and FXS ports on the Incredible PBX appliance. It's now included in the latest Incredible PBX 2020 download. Or you can update existing Incredible PBX 2020 platforms:
Code:
cd /usr/src
yum -y install libopen*
rm -rf dahdi-linux*
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/dahdi-linux-complete-2.11.1+2.11.1-SGM-20191120.tar.gz
tar zxvf dahdi-linux-complete*
cd /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete*
make all && make install && make config
fwconsole restart

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@atsak: After latest Microsoft patches for Windows 10, Hyper-V networking appears to be working... at least yum -y update now functions correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.