I HAVE A DREAM Better UCP

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Has anyone every played around with modifying (or replacing) the User Control Panel?

To me, its really missing what should be a complete end user experience.

I think it really should have:

1) Call Detail Records ... they should be able to see their CDR's and possibly listen to their recordings.
2) Integrate with Faxing ... would be nice if they could send faxes and view their faxes on this portal as well.

and then the pie in the sky would include:

3) Some BLF's
4) Know what call is currently ringing in (I've had where boss doesn't want his phone ringing in the ring group, but wants to know who's calling in - just in case they want to pick up that call).
5) Text in/out ... there's API calls for a few companies out there now that can do it price effectively.

billsimon

Reaction score
#1 - Already exists, but you have to turn it on for the user in the user admin screen.

#2 - https://www.freepbx.org/fax-pro/

#4 - Enable the webrtc client and you will get this. It pops up notifications in Chrome.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
1 - yes - of course.
2 - I'd rather stay away from the Commercial modules on Schmooze. I'm just not real confident with what's going on there.
4 - Never saw that. Let me look that up, but my idea was to have a comprehensive UCP - I can do that with faxes in Avantfax also, but want a more unified approach.

Was really wondering if anyone for example integrated their avantfax in with the UCP module.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone doing FreePBX development work except those on the Sangoma payroll. And, as @billsimon notes, many of the features that people would really like to see have been made into commercial modules which we no longer support.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
#4 - Enable the webrtc client and you will get this. It pops up notifications in Chrome.
Any tricks to getting this going? Against the FreePBX Distro Chrome connects, but with IPBX I get a yellow phone icon and Chrome repeatedly tries connecting with this error in the debug console:
Code:
Engine connecting
WebSocket connection to 'ws://10.10.10.23:8088/ws' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
jsphp_7bc1a57….js:42
Engine disconnected

Full disclosure - I've never attempted WebRTC before. May be missing something that should be obvious.

WebRTC is enabled in user manager for the extension.
Using the default CA & cert generated at install.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Any tricks to getting this going? Against the FreePBX Distro Chrome connects, but with IPBX I get a yellow phone icon and Chrome repeatedly tries connecting with this error in the debug console:
Code:
Engine connecting
WebSocket connection to 'ws://10.10.10.23:8088/ws' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
jsphp_7bc1a57….js:42
Engine disconnected

Full disclosure - I've never attempted WebRTC before. May be missing something that should be obvious.

WebRTC is enabled in user manager for the extension.
Using the default CA & cert generated at install.

Answering my own questions for the sake of anyone landing here.

Change Settings->Advanced Settings->Asterisk Builtin mini-HTTP server->HTTP Bind Address to 0.0.0.0.

My installs had it set to 127.0.0.1 by default.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Answering my own questions for the sake of anyone landing here.

Change Settings->Advanced Settings->Asterisk Builtin mini-HTTP server->HTTP Bind Address to 0.0.0.0.

My installs had it set to 127.0.0.1 by default.

Would you mind documenting the entire WebRTC setup procedure if you have the time? Thanks.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score

billsimon

Reaction score
I may have spoken too soon. I get green phone status icon and incoming alerts/rings, but can't answer or make a call.

I've only tried Chrome, and I think it may be the same as the issue listed here: http://community.freepbx.org/t/webrtc-browser-calls-freepbx-13-stable/32335

Haven't looked further yet.

Maybe @billsimon can comment?

Yes, that's the issue.

The fix is to use https and wss. In the HTTP setting where you configured the bindings, enable HTTPS server on 8089 (and you can set the HTTP server back to listening on localhost only). Enable HTTPS on Apache so that you connect to UCP through a secured connection. Use valid certs for these so that the browser is agreeable (free from letsencrypt.org). Then when you go to UCP and bring up the webrtc phone it will use WSS and Chrome will be satisfied.

There's one more thing.

Code:
# vi /var/www/html/ucp/modules/Webrtc/assets/jssiplibs/jssip-0.6.30.js
:1,$s/transport:"ws"/transport:"wss"/g
:wq

Some discrepancy between the way jssip and Asterisk implement the secure websocket protocol.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, that's the issue.

The fix is to use https and wss. In the HTTP setting where you configured the bindings, enable HTTPS server on 8089 (and you can set the HTTP server back to listening on localhost only). Enable HTTPS on Apache so that you connect to UCP through a secured connection. Use valid certs for these so that the browser is agreeable (free from letsencrypt.org). Then when you go to UCP and bring up the webrtc phone it will use WSS and Chrome will be satisfied.

There's one more thing.

Code:
# vi /var/www/html/ucp/modules/Webrtc/assets/jssiplibs/jssip-0.6.30.js
:1,$s/transport:"ws"/transport:"wss"/g
:wq

Some discrepancy between the way jssip and Asterisk implement the secure websocket protocol.
Thanks, will try to get into it next week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.