QUESTION Best way to setup multiple GV and fax

kameleon

Reaction score
I am helping a friend setup some new voip stuff so he can ditch the huge comcast bill for his small business. He has purchased a few obi1022's and an obi202 device. He wants to go Google voice (at least try it before doing a paid setup). He currently has 3 numbers, one of which is a physical fax they do not want to get rid of.

What is the best way to set this up so the incoming calls ring all 6 phones? I was looking at the nerdvittles article on using the obi202 for GV trunks but is that needed now? Would I be better off using the 202 for fax? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I've not dealt with pbx and GV in a few years so I'm definitely rusty. I turn to the super knowledge base of this forum for guidance.

Eliad

Reaction score
if you have IP phones it is simple, follow http://nerdvittles.com/?p=23948.
I you have regular analog phones I have no idea if the Obi can support multiple analog phones at the same time nor if multiple Obi analog output can tied together.
for the cost of one Obi you can get an used IP phone from eBay.

kameleon

Reaction score
I do have ip phones, that is the obi1022's I mentioned above. The main concern was with the google voice lines, to set them up on the pbx directly or use the obi202 as the device that passes them through to the pbx as mentioned on nerdvittles a few months back. I've decided that since they have to have a physical fax I am going to put the google voice lines directly on the pbx using the link you mentioned above and use the obi202 for the fax outside of the pbx. It's just been a while since I have dealt with the voip pbx stuff so I am a little rusty.

Eliad

Reaction score
i have all the GV coming into the PBX and I have a physical fax connected to the pbx. To connect the fax to the pbx I used an obi device. If you google search frepbx and obi you will find the setup for the obi to connect to the PBX.
Also, if you do the whole install you will have a digital fax too(Avantfax). I have that for the incoming faxes, for outgoing fax i use either the digital fax or the physical fax. The fax number can be ported to a VOIP provider. I used Vitelity for incoming , VOIP.MS for outgoing. no problems there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.