SOLVED BeagleBone Black VS Raspberry Pi!

Reaction score
This was mentioned in a T46G thread so rather than dillute that thread I thought I'd start this one.

Interesting device, the speed and memory look attractive:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Nice comparison. Based on that though, for asterisk / PIAF, sounds like you'd want to stick with the PI

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Coming tomorrow to Nerd Vittles: Incredible PBX for RasPBX on BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi

Ba1M7NbCQAAoVm5.jpg:large

SCREAMING FAST!

Suffice it to say, you'll be hard-pressed to tell the difference in a BeagleBone Black and an Atom-based PC when running Incredible PBX. If you hurry, there still are a few of these available on Amazon.

BbDqGHcCcAABGyl.jpg:large

dstroot

Guru
Reaction score
OK - setting up a new Beaglebone Black to replace my Raspberry Pi. I am getting this error mailed to me every day:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log /var/log/mysql/error.log '
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

This thread [http://www.lornajane.net/posts/2008/logrotate-error-on-ubuntu] indicates that: "This issue seems to happen when you move a DB from one machine to another."

My understanding is the Incredible PBX script does exactly that - copy a SQL DB over to your machine. This could be the cause potentially - so I am reporting it here. I plan to try to use the advice in the thread I indicated to fix my box but hopefully this helps someone out.

Cheers,
Dan

dstroot

Guru
Reaction score
I think I fixed it.

1. Look for the password used in the /etc/mysql/debian.cnf file. Ssh into your beaglebone and validate the issue. Enter this:
Code:
root@beaglepbx:~# mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping

See this:
Code:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed

2. Let's find the password.
Code:
root@beaglepbx:~# nano /etc/mysql/debian.cnf
to view the configuration file. Mine looks like this:

Code:
# Automatically generated for Debian scripts. DO NOT TOUCH![/FONT]
[FONT=arial][client][/FONT]
[FONT=arial]host    = localhost[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]user    = debian-sys-maint[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]password = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]socket  = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock[/FONT]
[FONT=arial][mysql_upgrade][/FONT]
[FONT=arial]user    = debian-sys-maint[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]password = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]socket  = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]basedir  = /usr

3. Log into your PBX via the web and go to "PhpMyAdmin" under "Other" in the menu structure. Run these SQL statements:

Code:
UPDATE user SET Password = PASSWORD('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx') WHERE User = 'debian-sys-maint' && Host = 'localhost';

Code:
GRANT RELOAD, SHUTDOWN, PROCESS, SHOW DATABASES, SUPER, LOCK TABLES ON *.* TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';

4. Test to see if it's fixed:
Code:
root@beaglepbx:~# mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping
. See this:
Code:
mysqld is alive

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for the fix. We'll push it out shortly. But here's a script to do it all for you (using your code!)...

Code:
#!/bin/bash
newpw=`grep password /etc/mysql/debian.cnf | tail -1 | cut -f 3 -d " "`
mysql -uroot -praspberry asterisk <<EOF
use mysql;
UPDATE user SET Password = PASSWORD('$newpw') WHERE User = 'debian-sys-maint' && Host = 'localhost';
GRANT RELOAD, SHUTDOWN, PROCESS, SHOW DATABASES, SUPER, LOCK TABLES ON *.* TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '$newpw';
EOF
mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This has been pushed out as an automatic patch for all Incredible PBX servers running RasPBX.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.