FOOD FOR THOUGHT Basic Pi3 Incredible PBX Questions

Flash

Reaction score
I've been running Incredible PBX on a Raspberry Pi for a couple of years successfully. However I wanted to add another incoming sipgate number and decided to attempt to update to latest version. I wonder if someone could just confirm, or comment if I've done this correctly. Apologies if my questions are dumb ones - I have tried to find the answers unsuccessfully:

I rebooted Pi, and allowed the "update at your own risk" scripts to run, then rebooted again.
pbxstatus now says:
"Incredible PBX 13-12.4 for Raspberry Pi 3"
"Asterisk 13.7.2 + Incredible GUI 12.0.39"
(etc)
When logging into admin panel it says:
"Incredible PBX 12.0.74 'Incredible GUI' "

Question 1: Why does the admin panel say a different version number to the pbxstatus, where, if anywhere, does it display the Incredible PBX (not the GUI) version?
Question 2: As far as I can see, the latest version of Incredible PBX is 13-13. If so, why did the updater only take the Pi to version 13.12.4 ?
Question 3: Is there any limitation on Incredible PBX on Pi3 to limit me to only using one trunk (I want to add a second number)?
Question 4: Does incredible PBX latest version run on a Pi 3 B + ? (if so are the install instructions any different).

Many thanks for anyones comments.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
1: I believe the admin panel reflects the FreePBX version IPBX is running. The pbxstatus version basically says 12 (FreePBX12 based) the number after the decimal basically just indicates what features are included.

2: I don't think any of the IPBX upgrades move between FreePBX 12 (13-12) and FreePBX 13 (13-13) based systems. You would need to start with a new 13-13 based image and manually migrate the config.

3: No.

4: No. Pi 3B+ needs a Stretch based Raspbian. The IPBX image is Jessie based. Running the 3rd party tool rpi-update on a Jessie image should get things bootable and running, but what you end up with is essentially a Jessie userland running on a Stretch kernel. Should be OK for the most part, but not really a supported config by @wardmundy or Raspbian.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're going to try to implement the Jessie image upgrade on the 3B+ platform as an interim transition step. Working on it now.

Flash

Reaction score
Thanks jerrm, a most helpful reply.

And thanks Wardy for your efforts. When you say "image upgrade" I presume that still likely means a complete re-install from the admin's point of view (from a 13-12 based install), as described by jerrm?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks jerrm, a most helpful reply.

And thanks Wardy for your efforts. When you say "image upgrade" I presume that still likely means a complete re-install from the admin's point of view (from a 13-12 based install), as described by jerrm?

If you're moving from 13-12, yes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.