TIPS Backing up / restoring / moving PIAF to new machine

imekul

Reaction score
What if I went from 175x to 175x? Basically, if I was only wanting to copy/clone the installation, not necessarily upgrade it? Or is it pretty well the same story?

Thanks for your time and patience!

- Luke

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
There is the incredible backup 1.0 or use the freepbx backup system. Both allow you to do what you are after.

>>>>>HOWEVER<<<<<<

As with all backups you really need to have a complete disk backup which allows you to restore if it FUBARs. This means you have actually tested a backup and restore.

Me I simply install the system to a different box bring up the old and the new system side by side in browser windows and cut and paste. I also wrote a program that iterates thru freepbx and does screen captures. Think of it as a visual database. You can always run thru and do this by hand it does not take long. Sorry the program runs under windows and I dont have a license to distribute the libraries so it is not available.

Once the incredible-backup 2.0 and the Automated Asterisk Backup program comes out this will be a moot point I guess.

Beyond that people have had great luck and horrendous failures do backups and restores. Not that it is the fault of the backup programs rather it usually depends on the degree of customization of the server being backed up.

Tom

thefuzz4

Reaction score
Just thought that I would let you all know that I used the incredible backup and incredible restore to migrate off of my pbxiaf v1.8 install on CentOS 5.2 and upgraded to the latest PBXIAF install. The backup and restore made everything work great. Thank you.

imekul

Reaction score
I may have had success with this after another try.

The first time, my approach was to do a clean PIAF 1.7.5.7 install, run update-source and update-fixes, and then do the Incredible Backup on the old (working) server and Incredible Restore to the new one. That's when I encountered problems when trying to do the orange-bar reloads.

What I did this time -- and I should have thought of it from the get-go! -- was after I did the clean install of PIAF on the new machine, I checked for all module updates within FreePBX itself. Once everything was up-to-date, THEN I did the backup/restore.

And so far... looks successful! :)

Hope this helps somebody!

anthonys650

Reaction score
I was able to backup from old PIAF to new
On new system I did a backup and download. On new create a backup then SFTP the file from old to the new in /var/spool/asterisk/backup/test/
from 1.7.5.6 to

│ PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.5 under *HARDWARE* │
│ FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.23 │
│ 2.11 │
│ Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.25.0 │
│ Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.25.0 │
│ Dahdi Source Version = 2.8.0.1 │
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.14 │
│ IP Address = 192.168.X.X on eth0 │
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.5 (Final) │
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.x86_64 - 64 Bit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.