Avoid “connecting to” voice prompt – outgoing calls

pacpac

Reaction score
Hi, I just installed Incredible PBX 13.13.7 on CentOS 6. Each time I make an outgoing call, I hear a voice prompt saying, “connecting to”. How can I configure so this particular voice prompt does not sound when I kame an outgoing call? Thanks.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I've had this happen to me before, and for the life of me cannot remember what it was. Please describe your outbound route and dialed digits it is matching.

markieb

Reaction score
It may well be at the trunk providers side. I have a particular provider that I get that "One Moment Please, Connecting to..." prompt on international calls.
The announcement doesn't originate on my server and doesn't play on any domestic calls or international calls through other providers......
Just a thought :1eye:

pacpac

Reaction score
HI, I am in the UK. When I set one line in the Dial Pattern and 00. in 'match pattern'. I get the prompt when I dial 00 - country code. But, when I set 011. in 'match pattern', then dial 011 - country code, I do not get the prompt, the call goes straight through. I would prefer to dial 00 - country code..., ideas?

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
If you tail, or scan through you asterisk/full logs when the call is being placed, you will see the server "say" the words you are hearing, if it is on your side. Otherwise it would be like @markieb says, the provider.

Do your 00 and 011 routes differ? You said you only have 00. in your match pattern, which does not match 011.

pacpac

Reaction score
Hi, I rebooted the server for then to test. However, when I now dial, I just get a continous tone on the phone after I dialled the number. The phone is registered OK, I have made no changes, the VoIP trunk is registered with the provider, no changes to the outbound route, asterisk is running. When I look ay the CLI, I see no activity on the server when dialling the number.... Any ideas?

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
However, when I now dial, I just get a continuous tone on the phone after I dialled the number. The phone is registered OK, I have made no changes

This is all phone logic, nothing to do with your server. Your phone does not know you "finished dialling". Do you have an OK or SEND or DIAL button, or something. If an analog phone connected to an ATA, usually # will indicate end of dialling too. To truly fix the problem you need to investigate the dial plan on your phone and tell it when dialling ends via a pattern match.

As far as seeing server logs, all related to your first problem, fix the phone then you will see server logs. Unless of course you are using a Digium (or similar) analog card, those you should see the line offhook as soon as you pick up the phone.

pacpac

Reaction score
I changed the VoIP provider in the trunk settings, rebooted the router connected to the phone and rebooted the server. Now, it looks like I can make outgoing calls OK. Could not identify what the issue was...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.