TUTORIAL Avantfax Updating

progs_00

Reaction score
READ THIS FIRST: I'm editing my original post since I found a serious bug in 3.3.5 that doesn't allow saving the sent faxes in the archive. It might be a problem with my particular configuration so it may not happen to you, but in any case be warned

Just finished updating my Avantfax installation from v3.3.3 to v3.3.5 and since it was really easy to do, I will be showing you the way
First go to the avantfax website download latest version 3.3.5. and decompress it somewhere.
Now go to your asterisk machine and navigate to /var/www/html/avantfax/includes
Open config.php take a note of ADMIN_EMAIL value at line 66 and close the file
Now we can begin either replacing all necessary files or renaming the old ones and copying in the new ones so from the decompressed archive of v3.3.5 copy the following files to your asterisk machine
  1. Directory: /var/www/html/avantfax
    Files:
    archive.php
    index.php

2. Directory: /var/www/html/avantfax/admin
    Files:
    index.php
    system_logs.php
    users.php
  3. Directory: /var/www/html/avantfax/includes
    Files:
    AFUserAccount.php
    classes.php
    config.php
    FaxPDFArchive.php
    FormRules.php
    functions.php
    notify.php
  4. Directory: /var/www/html/avantfax/includes/langs
    Files:
    pt-pt.php
  5. Directory: /var/www/html/avantfax/tools
    Files:
    ocr_import.php
Take care to set the right user group and permissions for each file and remember to set the ADMIN_EMAIL value for config.php to the one you had before.
The procedure above will also apply the changes contained in version 3.3.4

Last edited:

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what were the improvements available that made you upgrade?

My system appears to be running 3.3.3. As far as I can tell, it's always been rock solid.

Andrew

progs_00

Reaction score
Hi AndyInNYC. Actually the real reason was because I could LOL. The only bug fix I found important regarded the year range in the Archives section. Other than that, no real reason whatsoever.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Is there a reason why you had to manually move files? Avantfax has an updater built-in with the 3.3.5 files. Did this not work for you?

I'm asking, because it appears the DTMF/DID-to-email works in 3.3.5 but not 3.3.3.

The updater also makes changes to the SQL database - perhaps that's a reason for your problem in your edited 1st post?

I'd rather run the updater than do it manually, but if the updater is broken, I'd rather not do a restore on my system.

Thanks for the input.

Andrew

Last edited:

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Well, tried to run the updater.sh in the Avantfax download - it borked my system (perhaps that's why you didn't use it?).

Restored from backup and will try manually.

Andrew

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.