SOLVED AvantFax not sending cover pages

sirdotcom

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm running the IncrediblePBX ISO 13.2 on SL and have been successfully sending and receiving faxes with AvantFax (using a GV trunk, which works great!) The fax content goes through, but it just skips the cover page. I'm probably missing something simple here but haven't found any other posts about this.

Thanks,
Steve

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I just got through taking a day to finding a resolution to this problem for myself. The issue is with PHP (I'm on 5.3.3) that was sending some PHP deprecated messages. This messes up the faxcover.php fuction and has a very simple fix.

modify /etc/php.ini and look for error_log = syslog

Just change the line (636)

#error_log = syslog
error_log = syslog

sirdotcom

Reaction score
Thanks krzykat! That worked perfectly .. just sent myself a fax and got a nice cover page to keep it company.

Great work, I appreciate it ... others with this problem take note :)

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Have you come across a good way to make custom Cover Pages? I'm researching that now.

sirdotcom

Reaction score
No I haven't attempted any custom cover pages ... but I believe I've seen a thread or two about doing that. Good luck :)

faixbp

Reaction score
No I haven't attempted any custom cover pages ... but I believe I've seen a thread or two about doing that. Good luck :)

I'm also interested in making a custom html cover page. If anyone has written it up recently, please post a pointer.

Thanks.

--faixbp

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I've read that thread, but it mentions Freehand, but the link pulls up to Adobe Illustrator. It also has some images to show you some things that aren't there.

That's a 2010 thread, and I know much has changed since then and was hoping that someone has a more current method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.