QUESTION AvantFax IncrediblePBX Ubuntu 18.04

PBX Novice

Reaction score
I am trying to get AvantFax up and running and running into some difficulties.

A. How do I set HylaFax as a custom destination? (I don't see the option populated)
B. I've tried sending test faxes, it will even show that it is receiving data on the AvantFax page, but then I don't ever see the fax
C. How do I set up the routing for a second DID to my PBX just for faxing?
(I also would like that my main DID will be able to receive faxes)
Any help appreciated!

Thanks

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
OK, lots of questions, but we don't know a lot about your system.

A. Set up an inbound route which uses the DID you want as your main fax number. For the 'destination', you should have 'custom destination' as a choice. Set hylafax as the destination.

B. Did you set up an email destination in your fax setup? If so, did you set up your PBX to actually be able to send an email? I use gmail as a relay. See https://pbxinaflash.com/community/t...elay-host-for-sendmail.974/page-7#post-140429 to set this up.
Between those two things, it should work perfectly. For now, check the Avantfax inbox to see if your email is there.

C See Letter A above; just set the inbound route using this DID

For the main DID to receive faxes, you need to do 2 things. First, create a virtual extension with an email address set up. Second, set fax detection to 'yes' in the inbound route, with a delay of [10] and SIP detection. Under fax destination, select fax recipient and the virtual extension you created. Boom, you're done - except for the bad part.

SIP detection is going to be hit or miss sometimes and the [10] delay will apply to all calls - the system will wait to listen for the beeps instead of just pushing the call to the normal extension/IVR/etc. You probably want to dump the idea of using the main DID for incoming and just spend the $1 (or whatever) each month for a dedicated DID from your Provider.

Andrew

PBX Novice

Reaction score
So I don't see an option for "custom destination" please see attached pic and hylafax isn't available as a destination in any options that I can see- does it need to be set up somehow?

Attachments

• snip.png
    snip.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 8

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Did you run the incrediblefax13.sh (or whatever it is called) installation?
if you look at your status, is fax running?

PBX Novice

Reaction score
As an aside- anyway to set different inbound routes based on times of the day?

PBX Novice

Reaction score
On my back-up PBX running on Centos 6 I get the hylafax option- seems like a bug in the ubuntu version

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
yes & yes
Just to point out that instead of taking a screenshot of pbxstatus or status from putty; I find it easier if after click OK and the status clears (disappears) I roll back up with mouse wheel, then I can select to scrape the status text and then paste the text thus
Code:
                 Asterisk: UP      Apache: UP  MariaDB: UP
                 SendMail: UP    IPtables: UP      SSH: UP
                 LAN port: UP    Fail2Ban: UP   Webmin: UP
                 GV OAUTH: UP   Chan-SCCP: UP   NR VPN: UP
                 FaxGetty: DN   IAX Modem: DN  HylaFax: DN

RAM:139540  Raspbian (Jessie)  Disk:78G

Asterisk 13.22.0  +  GUI ver. 13.0.120.10

Private IP: 192.168.1.24

Public IP: xx.xx.xx.xx

System Time: Wed 13 Feb 23:52:43 GMT 2019

<  OK  >
then I can edit to obfuscate the Public IP as xx.xx.xx.xx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.