AWAITING FEEDBACK Avantfax Cover Page - Again

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Some of the information for creating a custom cover page got wiped out in the Big Crash. Given that, I'm having a hard time, with the resources I have, in creating a custom cover page.

I have a simple Word doc I'd like to use. I've tried using online websites to convert it to an .eps - no dice.
I've tried converting that .eps to an 'new' eps with a trial version of Adobe Illustrator - no dice.

Word, seemingly, won't save to a compatible .html format (it either saves multiple files in a sub-directory or the 'save to one file' version throws errors also.

I've tried creating the file on a Linux machine using the open source office equivalent and saving as an html file - still no dice.

I've installed html2ps on my PBX and fixed the path to reflect the correct location.
I've tried editing the config_local.php file to reflect my 'new' .ps or .html file - still no joy.

Using a PC with Windows 7 or the linux machine, does anyone have a method to generate a good cover page file starting with (my preference) a Word .doc file?

Andrew

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Show us your

"I've tried creating the file on a Linux machine using the open source office equivalent and saving as an html file "

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I 'show you'. I used LibreOffice 5 (I think it's 5). I don't think I can attach a file
I got this to 'sort of work'. It suffers the following flaws:
1. Large fonts/formatting get removed
2. Unused variables remain on the fax cover page. For example if I don't include recipient's company in the details on the AvantFax input page, the cover page is sent with XXXX-to-company (I think that's the name; I have confirmed that I've got it set correctly). On the 'default' version, unused variables are set to the equivalent of NULL and don't take space/show as XXX-

If I send a Word file, anyone want to covert it to the proper .html file?

Andrew

dicko

Reaction score
html fil;es are just text, just paste it here. The process is done by

/var/www/html/avantfax/includes/faxcover.php

and the generic one is

/var/www/html/fax/images/coverpage.html

so we need to see your cover html file to make sure it fits the needs of faxcover.php

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the file, when converted to HTML via Google Docs is too long to post (10K limit, I think).

I *think* I created a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/CPPSgRXJ

If that works, you should be able to see the file contents.

Thanks for the help. My thought was that this should be easy - it's been anything but.

Andrew

dicko

Reaction score
That's way too complicated, start with the one supplied with avantfax, maybe change the logo, use incrementally incrementing formatting until it breaks. Do all editing perhaps with libreoffice

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Or, if you wish to download a free editor, you can try Notepad++. You can't beat it for the price.

I'm never sure about some of the formatting using a word processor, or plain jane Notepad, and how they monkey with CR/LF characters. Notepad++ doesn't do that, and it has coloured sections, and some VERY basic syntax checking. Try ... it's free. Decide which works best for you.

Nice to have options!

See: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

pinto2020

Reaction score
I am using AvantFax for a systemwide desktop (web) faxing and had the need to have different cover pages for each departments. I installed and was able to get html2ps to work, however found that when I sent just the coverpage, it worked ok, but when I uploaded PDF file, it never sent the cover page. So I had to revert back to .ps file. I followed the instructions on this thread and was able to get custom cover pages built for each of my departments and working great.

https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/making-avantfax-cover-page.6997/

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
That thread relies on Adobe Freehand which isn't available any longer. The 'new' version is Illustrator, which seems to produce (at least for me) non-compatible files.

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there using a nicely formatted HTML coverpage that would be willing to post it so that I can mark it up and use it?

I can use the 'basic' html doc, but it is too plain to be attractive or professional looking. Any edits I try to make to the basic to jazz it up only end up blowing it up.

Thanks.

Andrew

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there using a nicely formatted HTML coverpage that would be willing to post it so that I can mark it up and use it?

I can use the 'basic' html doc, but it is too plain to be attractive or professional looking. Any edits I try to make to the basic to jazz it up only end up blowing it up.

Thanks.

Andrew

PM me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.