FOOD FOR THOUGHT Auto Configure IP and Save Settings at boot

Albert S

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am firing up PIAF boxes from pre-build images.

But once they are booted for the first time, under Asterisk SIP Settings, they have the IP information of the original PBX took the image from.

I'd like to click, or trigger the "Auto Configure" and "Apply Config" buttons. However I can't find which module this is part of and how to call it. (See the picture Step 1 and Step 2)

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/1458940/584ddf48471e304260fcf6acd11f212e

How can I do this? I have played with AGI before and know how to connect to it but can't find where these options are in PIAF or FreePBX.

Thank you for reading and any suggestions in advance.

Reaction score
I suppose it could be a choice but often when doing an emergency server replacement the IP of the new box is changed to the old IP no matter what since so many things maybe depending on that address.

chris_c_

Reaction score
I suppose it could be a choice but often when doing an emergency server replacement the IP of the new box is changed to the old IP no matter what since so many things maybe depending on that address.
True, you have 2 typical cases.
1. Emergency replacement of a failed server, like you say, so, to keep the IP address is fine.
2. Migrate the settings/data from the test server - often VirtualBox running on a private IP - to the real live server - usually cloud on public IP, or, sometimes, on-premise dedicated on pivate IP.

Big question is - where else is that address stored statically in any conf file or similar? Because, this could explain why the real live server is malfunctioning, it's dropping all calls consistently at exactly 30-31 seconds, this resembles a TCP or UDP network firewall iptables port timeout. All settigns/data were Incredible backup'ed / Incredible restore'd....

Reaction score
google Asterisk calls dropping at 30 seconds. Lots of good suggestions. Many issues related to firewall and local settings with Asterisk.

one of the items was:
By default the RTP time is set in Asterisk SIP Setting module at 30 seconds, you can try adjusting that and see if the time changes, that can help you narrow down the issue. It could also be SIP session timers, or your carrier ignoring SIP UPDATE messages.

At the bottom of the SIP Settings module you can add additional settings manually. Try adding disallowed_methods=UPDATE and/or session-timers=refuse and see if those settings make any improvements.

chris_c_

Reaction score
google Asterisk calls dropping at 30 seconds. Lots of good suggestions. Many issues related to firewall and local settings with Asterisk.

one of the items was:
By default the RTP time is set in Asterisk SIP Setting module at 30 seconds, you can try adjusting that and see if the time changes, that can help you narrow down the issue. It could also be SIP session timers, or your carrier ignoring SIP UPDATE messages.

At the bottom of the SIP Settings module you can add additional settings manually. Try adding disallowed_methods=UPDATE and/or session-timers=refuse and see if those settings make any improvements.

I should've mentioned the pbx is using only a GV trunk (Motif XMPP jabber).
Different module, transport layer, ports, settings.
The endpoint to pbx however is connecting over the internet via SIP, with TCP to save battery vs UDP.

stanjohn

Not quite right
Reaction score
I should've mentioned the pbx is using only a GV trunk (Motif XMPP jabber).

I've had a problem with google locking my account, they send a email "someone has your password" when you login to google they want to verify your account and claim the "activity" . This resulted when I changed ISP and my reported location moved to another city.

chris_c_

Reaction score
Maybe the disconnect is coming from the other end
I checked the GV Motif trunk by connecting to the same GV account from a different test IPBX sever running on virtual box, no unexpected disconnects at 30 seconds, calls can go as long as you want.
I found a solution that worked for me by googling.
http://community.freepbx.org/t/incoming-sip-calls-dropped-after-30-seconds-fixed/26310/2
I rebooted the virtual server, which had been up for 11 days, and it is no longer disconnecting at exactly 30 seconds, problem solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.