R.I.P. AstriCon Imploding

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Starting to look like Sangoma is transforming AstriCon into a third-rate Sangoma trade show. It's now down to 2 days with 2 tracks, only one of which is actually open source Asterisk. About a handful of speakers that aren't affiliated with Sangoma or conference groupies. No hardware vendors are participating other than Sangoma. Schedule of Presentations can only be described as a cruel joke given the history of AstriCon. Take a look at the attendee list. Pretty sad.

Last edited:

billsimon

Reaction score
Agree, the whole event looks pretty thin this year. I was considering going. Disappointing also that the location is outside of town. An Astricon I went to several years ago was in a downtown hotel/conference center.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Looks like they also may have dropped TMCnet as the convention planner in favor of doing it themselves.

Last edited:

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I wonder what could be used to replace it for Vendor connections? ITExpo?

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
In that case, "outside of town" seems just fine by me...
Sheraton's opened back up now - probably the cleanest hotel in the city now.

The venue is a new Omni hotel in the new Braves stadium complex. If the Braves are lucky attendees might be able to catch some of the World Series from their rooms.

I'm 5 minutes away, but have no plans on attending.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.