FYI Astman failure on Gui on PBX 13-12.2 Ubuntu 14

redstonemason

Certified AWS Architect (And a KVM fan!!!)
Reaction score
My system is as follows...
Ubuntu is 14.04.5
Asterisk is 13.15.0
GUI is 12.0.30
Cloud: AWS

I can telnet to localhost 5038 and get Asterisk Call Manager/2.10.0

I should have migrated this system to Ubuntu 18.04 in Spring of 2019 but that is water under the bridge at this point.
I really don't know how I hosed this platform!

But now I am trying to keep the old system running so that I can at least run IncredibleBackup13 and IncredibleRestore13 to upgrade.

But my Gui is showing me the "flame" on the Asterisk status box and my logs show 2 things that should not exist:
I can telnet to localhost 5038 and get Asterisk Call Manager/2.10.0

freepbx.log:
[2019-Dec-04 19:41:23] [CRITICAL] (admin/bootstrap.php:139) - Connection attmempt to AMI failed

freepbx_debug:
2019-Dec-04 20:10:11 /usr/share/php/DB/mysql.php:240
[DEPRECATION_WARNING]: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead.

BTW, will the backup and restore move all config files such as extensions, trunks, system recordings, ring groups, time conditions, IVR recordings/announcements and the rest of the multitude of configuration data.

Any guidance would be much appreciated as this is a mission critical system for a car dealership.

Mark

redstonemason

Reaction score
I was able to use the gui to Settings->Advanced Settings to change the Asterisk Manager Password and click on Apply and the Gui started working again.

So I am somewhat out of the woods now.

But I would still like some advice on a complete migration whereby it is seemless to the organization.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Get off FreePBX 12. It's no longer supported by anyone.

redstonemason

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply. Is there a migration path or do I have to rebuild the system manually? Or can you folks migrate under paid support for me?

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.