GOOD NEWS Asterisk-GUI: The Adventure Continues

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Nobody has to use Google Voice! It's completely optional. We'll tackle an international version once we get the first release out the door.

If you're lucky enough to have a Google Voice account, then 2 mouse clicks in Asterisk-GUI and an Asterisk restart is all it will take to have a fully functional PBX.

B4gVuuvIYAATTRv.jpg:large

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Success: MP3-formatted voicemail messages for delivery and playback on cellphone and desktop mail clients works like a champ! :)

billsimon

Reaction score
Is it possible to use postfix as mailer? :) ;)

I allways struggle with sendmail... Maybee in the final version?

Postfix is ready and waiting:

yum remove sendmail
service postfix start
chkconfig postfix on

billsimon

Reaction score
postfix is enough. spamassassin? Not sure why you'd want to install that on a PBX.

billsimon

Reaction score
I recommend iRedMail (http://www.iredmail.org) if you want a nice out-of-the-box e-mail solution based on postfix and including spamassassin and other useful tools. I'm not speaking for Ward but my perception here is that you're asking too much of a project that aims to be a PBX. Once you get past the noob level it's good to dig into the workings of the system yourself and learn how to set up components.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've been around the block about a dozen times with ENUM. It's just too unstable/unreliable to support. We get blamed when it fails, and it fails (or disappears) regularly. Sorry.

Of course, this is pure open source code. You can add it yourself easily and the procedure is documented in numerous places including Nerd Vittles.

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Is Asterisk GUI with all these fixes/modifications etc. going to be put on github or bitbucket so that we can install it from there, fork it, change it, and do pull requests etc.?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You get the Digium source and our modified source with any download. See instructions on the first page.

To the greatest extent possible, we are attempting to keep Asterisk-GUI as close to the original as possible in the event Digium (hopefully) has a change of heart in light of recent developments and decides to dust off the code once again. :online2long:

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I am having trouble receiving call with my Server with the Asterisk GUI using Vitelity. The trunk shows registered both at Vitelity and on my server. I have ext 6001 registered to my iphone and can make outgoing and internal calls
I think I may need to fill in these field

FromDomain:

AuthUser:

insecure: very (Have tried all three options)

Outbound Proxy:

Enable Remote MWI

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What does Asterisk CLI show during an incoming call??

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
What does Asterisk CLI show during an incoming call??

12515*CLI> sip show registry
Host dnsmgr Username Refresh State Reg.Time
inbound34.vitelity.net:5060 N "username Registered Mon, 26 Jan 2015 10:49:31
1 SIP registrations.
12515*CLI>

Details on the CLI when making a outbound call

Nothing on the CLI when receiving call

I did get the "We received 'CHANUNAVAIL' when attempting to route the call to your server" message from Vitelity when the inbound call failed

Thanks,

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
12515*CLI> sip show registry
Host dnsmgr Username Refresh State Reg.Time
inbound34.vitelity.net:5060 N "username Registered Mon, 26 Jan 2015 10:49:31
1 SIP registrations.
12515*CLI>

Details on the CLI when making a outbound call

Nothing on the CLI when receiving call

I did get the "We received 'CHANUNAVAIL' when attempting to route the call to your server" message from Vitelity when the inbound call failed

Thanks,

Jeff

Be sure you have configured DID routing in the Vitelity portal correctly.

Go to My Products & Services -> My Numbers -> All. From the Action pulldown beside the desired DID, choose Routing Method.

Then select SIP via UDP, select PBX server, and select the appropriate account/sub-account that you used to register your Vitelity trunk.

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I had the same setting but i updated the routing and now it works!:)

Thank you

Jeff

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I now have a Google voice problem I think I set up the Google account correctly. Here is the CLI It is continuous repeats How to I correct this or stop it.

[Jan 26 15:18:01] WARNING[28072]: res_xmpp.c:3573 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Hook returned an error.
[Jan 26 15:18:01] WARNING[28072]: res_xmpp.c:3570 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Invalid XML.
[Jan 26 15:18:01] WARNING[28072]: res_xmpp.c:3637 xmpp_client_thread: JABBER: socket read error

Thank you

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I now have a Google voice problem I think I set up the Google account correctly. Here is the CLI It is continuous repeats How to I correct this or stop it.

[Jan 26 15:18:01] WARNING[28072]: res_xmpp.c:3573 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Hook returned an error.
[Jan 26 15:18:01] WARNING[28072]: res_xmpp.c:3570 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Invalid XML.
[Jan 26 15:18:01] WARNING[28072]: res_xmpp.c:3637 xmpp_client_thread: JABBER: socket read error

Thank you

Jeff

Assuming your account name and password are correct, Google is blocking your connection. Did you go through the two troubleshooting steps?? Restart Asterisk after each one and look at the CLI again.

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Ward,
I had done the second step but not the first. Ran the first and worked Great!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Weird. I had one yesterday that was just the opposite. First fix did nothing. Second one worked like a champ.

roundaway

Reaction score
Newb here. Followed the Nerd Vittles article on installing Gotcha-Free PBX inside Virtual Box using SL6.6. No problems logging into the admin portion of the Asterisk-GUI Administration and changing password. Log in again without problem. Problem occurs after selecting Incredible PBX Apps. When clicking on Google Voice I get prompted for a username and password. The admin one doesn't work and neither do google voice credentials. Did a little searching but can't find out what I did wrong. Thanks in advance for your help.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Newb here. Followed the Nerd Vittles article on installing Gotcha-Free PBX inside Virtual Box using SL6.6. No problems logging into the admin portion of the Asterisk-GUI Administration and changing password. Log in again without problem. Problem occurs after selecting Incredible PBX Apps. When clicking on Google Voice I get prompted for a username and password. The admin one doesn't work and neither do google voice credentials. Did a little searching but can't find out what I did wrong. Thanks in advance for your help.

CAqSezMWsAAkLEW.jpg:large

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.