GOOD NEWS Asterisk-GUI: The Adventure Continues

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Today we've managed to tame CallerID Name Lookups using OpenCNAM. Can CallerID Superfecta be far behind??

B2_bb3rCIAAQsqX.jpg:large

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For the preconfigured trunks, we're moving Trunk Credentials to separate config files to preserve the ease with which you can bring up a new server. In less than a minute, you can bring up a new server with 9 ACTIVE TRUNKS!

There are 3 new credentials files in /etc/asterisk:

credentials_extensions.conf : Stores AnveoDirect PIN for outbound calls plus various CallerID numbers for your outbound trunks
credentials_googlevoice.conf: Stores username (email address) and secret for your Google Voice trunk
credentials_sip.conf: Stores username, secret, and host for all your SIP trunks. Some trunks also have an authuser and fromuser entry.

Enabling and Disabling Trunks

You can disable a SIP trunk by commenting out ( ; ) the username and secret entries for the trunk. Never EVER comment out the host entry or Asterisk dies a painful death on restart! :death:

You can enable a SIP trunk by uncommenting the username and secret entries and plugging in your info. Then restart Asterisk.

You can disable a Google Voice trunk by first unloading res_xmpp: asterisk -rx "module unload res_xmpp" and then commenting out the username and secret. res_xmpp loading or not loading happens automatically thereafter whenever you restart Asterisk. If you don't do this in the proper order, Asterisk will go up in flames. :mad5:

To enable a Google Voice trunk, simply enter your username (email address) and secret in the credentials file and restart Asterisk.

Simply stated, Asterisk 11 is smart enough to detect that you have added Google Voice credentials and will start res_xmpp when you restart Asterisk. It's NOT smart enough to detect when you have removed the credentials and restarted Asterisk. So you FIRST must manually unload res_xmpp BEFORE removing your Google Voice credentials. Don't forget!

billsimon

Reaction score
Where are you storing/reading CDR? Can we now eliminate MySQL since the GUI doesn't use it?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Where are you storing/reading CDR? Can we now eliminate MySQL since the GUI doesn't use it?

Asterisk-GUI stores CDR info in a SQLite database:
Code:
# sqlite /var/lib/asterisk/sqlite.db '.schema ast_cdr'
CREATE TABLE 'ast_cdr' (
    id        INTEGER,
    clid        VARCHAR(80)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    src        VARCHAR(80)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    dst        VARCHAR(80)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    dcontext    VARCHAR(80)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    channel        VARCHAR(80)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    dstchannel    VARCHAR(80)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    lastapp        VARCHAR(80)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    lastdata    VARCHAR(80)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    start        DATETIME    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    answer        DATETIME    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    end        DATETIME    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    duration    INT(11)        NOT NULL    DEFAULT 0,
    billsec        INT(11)        NOT NULL    DEFAULT 0,
    disposition    VARCHAR(45)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    amaflags    INT(11)        NOT NULL    DEFAULT 0,
    accountcode    VARCHAR(20)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    uniqueid    VARCHAR(32)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    userfield    VARCHAR(255)    NOT NULL    DEFAULT '',
    PRIMARY KEY    (id)
);

You can easily eliminate MySQL if you don't wish to use the AsteriDex and Weather by ZIP Code apps. In fact, we're planning to convert them both to SQLite when time permits.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
billsimon Because of reported conflicts between SQLite2 and 3, we've decided to use a standard CSV file for CDR info.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what this new project means, is this something that PIAF will be able to call all it's own and have more control on what happens with the dial plan and perhaps the over all direction of the product, is this a completely different dial plan than FreePBX, if so this sounds like it could be a big step forward for PIAF.
Is there any downloads we can get to play with and is it stable with it's current status or our you just getting started and it will be a while before it gets there. This all seems very exciting if that is what's happening here.

Gary.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Asterisk-GUI was written a long time ago. I'll be glad to shoot you a copy if you'd like to tackle updating the SQLite piece. It's only used for the CDR. Ast.DB already uses SQLite3 in Asterisk 11, and we've got all of that working fine.

billsimon

Reaction score
Asterisk-GUI was written a long time ago. I'll be glad to shoot you a copy if you'd like to tackle updating the SQLite piece. It's only used for the CDR. Ast.DB already uses SQLite3 in Asterisk 11, and we've got all of that working fine.

How about we collaborate in a github repo?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what this new project means, is this something that PIAF will be able to call all it's own and have more control on what happens with the dial plan and perhaps the over all direction of the product, is this a completely different dial plan than FreePBX, if so this sounds like it could be a big step forward for PIAF.
Is there any downloads we can get to play with and is it stable with it's current status or our you just getting started and it will be a while before it gets there. This all seems very exciting if that is what's happening here.

Gary.

See today's Nerd Vittles article on where we stand and where we're headed.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've got git dumbed down to the point where I can use it. Will get you up and running if you're interested.

This is the "Old Dog and New Tricks" Syndrome (at my end) unfortunately. I have a way that I've built these systems for years. It works (for me). It's easy to maintain. And I can concentrate on code development and not the code development tools. I'm not opposed to a transition. I just don't want to add another complication to an already complex task. So bear with me until the new year and then I'm all ears.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I am really liking this. What's the underlying OS? I would be more than happy to spin up a droplet and see if I can break it :arf:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks, billsimon. Give me another week or two, and I should have something stable enough to send you.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Will we have the ability to allow user access to the recordings page without giving away the Maint password like we can with Incredible 11 and Ubuntu?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Haven't gotten to recordings yet. But, yes, the plan is to reserve the admin password for admin-like functions such as phpMyAdmin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.