GOOD NEWS Asterisk-GUI: The Adventure Continues

arztde

Reaction score
wardmundy i am following very interested yours new plans with the asterisk gui.

Is it possible from beginning not just to to make it possible for a use outside of US. I use still Digital Ocean and different providers like Localphone.com, FreeVOIPdeal and another German Company.

Googleis not free in Germany.
I like to translate Parts to German language if someone Giude me a little bit.

I remember that i did search allmost 3 Months because in Incredible PBX calls from Outside US are blocked.
Maybee German Language is also possible for Speak to Text and opposite.

In Europe Providers block encryption in Phone calls so for this i used ENUM becausewith ENUm you do not need a provider in the middle but you can do an encription.

Some Ideas more: Postfix Mail would be nice and an activated DNSsec means a preconfigured Bind what will be easy to adobt if you own a FQDN
And additional i suggest including DANE.

I enforce it because a group at RedHat is working special for VOIP no mor to use SSL Protocol. They will do PGP as a future standard.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wouters-dane-openpgp-02

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-johansson-dispatch-dane-sip/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-ops/?include_text=1

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Nobody has to use Google Voice! It's completely optional. We'll tackle an international version once we get the first release out the door.

If you're lucky enough to have a Google Voice account, then 2 mouse clicks in Asterisk-GUI and an Asterisk restart is all it will take to have a fully functional PBX.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Success: MP3-formatted voicemail messages for delivery and playback on cellphone and desktop mail clients works like a champ! :)

Reactions: wa4zlw and jeff.h

arztde

Reaction score
Is it possible to use postfix as mailer? :) ;)

I allways struggle with sendmail... Maybee in the final version?

billsimon

Experienced in Asterisk, FreePBX, and SIP
Reaction score
Is it possible to use postfix as mailer? :) ;)

I allways struggle with sendmail... Maybee in the final version?
Postfix is ready and waiting:

yum remove sendmail
service postfix start
chkconfig postfix on

Reactions: nunya

arztde

Reaction score
postfix.JPG
Postfix is ready and waiting:

yum remove sendmail
service postfix start
chkconfig postfix on
I did this but how to change the blue config screen at startup? it shows now Sendmail down but does not point to postix.
I have to setup complete postfix, procmail and spam assasign or its preconfigured?

I did find it its in .status to change and seems to run:)

What i miss is the old help-pbx and help-menue
Was very usefull all time. Also the neorouter and other nice things from past.
Sugar CMS or some other CMS And realy i miss Openfire.
All things are no more integrate?

billsimon

Reaction score
postfix is enough. spamassassin? Not sure why you'd want to install that on a PBX.

arztde

Reaction score
As you see in my screenshoot i did find it :)
But help-pb did not find until now and the neorouter also not.
Just did setup it at digital oceans. I am sorry that you did not include the localphone trunks. And freevoipdeal.
The providers you use are epensive for germany.
Will be ENUM possible?

I look arround to find the yahoo stuff for news and weather in German or other languages. Same with google.

arztde

Reaction score
postfix is enough. spamassassin? Not sure why you'd want to install that on a PBX.
Its very easy i beeave in the complete security concept of incredible PBX and i know i should set it up separate and not to use it as mailservice. But it works from scratch. So idea is at later point in production set up 2 servers similar. but only will run pbx at the other set it up but put it down and let the system run as Mailservice. My risk with freevoipdeall in case server is realy hacked that i loose maximum 10 $.
Its like a inshurance what costs me 10 $ in case it will be hacked.
For Linux Newbies that run AVM Fritzbox as phoneline the first set up in demonstration is absolute unsecure. just fail2ban is runnung. So they can see how unprotected is their router that includes all the phone stuff.From this point i let them close more and more the systems.

Its for educational purposes. For newbies. Main problem is that all is in English for the most german users. For this i look the nice applications like weather or news to set up in german language.

billsimon

Reaction score
I recommend iRedMail (http://www.iredmail.org) if you want a nice out-of-the-box e-mail solution based on postfix and including spamassassin and other useful tools. I'm not speaking for Ward but my perception here is that you're asking too much of a project that aims to be a PBX. Once you get past the noob level it's good to dig into the workings of the system yourself and learn how to set up components.

Reactions: wardmundy

arztde

Reaction score
I know here are not much that look out for Enum but with Enum i see a good possibility for encrypted Phone Calls and it combines Mail Phone FAX XMPP all in all.In my view for later installation was HORDE. I am since one year in keep attention about developement here. I hope to get it run for private users with more german inside. I am just a private user. And language is realy a little handycap for me.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've been around the block about a dozen times with ENUM. It's just too unstable/unreliable to support. We get blamed when it fails, and it fails (or disappears) regularly. Sorry.

Of course, this is pure open source code. You can add it yourself easily and the procedure is documented in numerous places including Nerd Vittles.

arztde

Reaction score
Thanks for this Link: Enum Depends of correct routing. You can make a prove of concept.

Incredible PBX have a bindserver. Write inside yours bindserver a ENUM Zone. Does not need to be the official Enum Zone You can make yours own Zone or what is realy good yours company Zone.
First step to be privacy. As long yours phone Partner is allowed to connect yours DNS Server you can do private free phone calls and they are free. And its very stable!!!
As well you can do with it yours own encryption Service!!!
See in USA and also UK all phone calls are listened by third parties. If you do not wish this than Enum is a solution for encrypted calls.
The official Enum Servers allways where missused by Spam and other attacks. For this they was unstable. As long you are admin C for yours Domain and geht additional the right to make yours own DNS Server than you have something like an advanced Swiss Knife for security. If yours bind runs DNSSEC. You run Dane! And at a later point PGP. Than ou have the privace what protects you and at least democraty.
In regular SIP providers do not support crypto phone calls. They can do it easy. But i guess it have political reasons not to do.

I enforce it because a group at RedHat is working special for VOIP no more to use SSL Protocol. They will do PGP as a future standard.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wouters-dane-openpgp-02

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-johansson-dispatch-dane-sip/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-ops/?include_text=1

I think its worth to have again a look at it but not with a provider first.

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Is Asterisk GUI with all these fixes/modifications etc. going to be put on github or bitbucket so that we can install it from there, fork it, change it, and do pull requests etc.?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You get the Digium source and our modified source with any download. See instructions on the first page.

To the greatest extent possible, we are attempting to keep Asterisk-GUI as close to the original as possible in the event Digium (hopefully) has a change of heart in light of recent developments and decides to dust off the code once again. :online2long:

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I am having trouble receiving call with my Server with the Asterisk GUI using Vitelity. The trunk shows registered both at Vitelity and on my server. I have ext 6001 registered to my iphone and can make outgoing and internal calls
I think I may need to fill in these field

FromDomain:

AuthUser:

insecure: very (Have tried all three options)

Outbound Proxy:

Enable Remote MWI

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What does Asterisk CLI show during an incoming call??

arztde

Reaction score
I did read ours article this weekbut i could not set it up because i a NETTOP nT-A3500 and this have onl a 32 bit platform Will say i wait for testing the Ubuntu release. The DO cloud serve ihave my 5 droplets for the moment running. I will see to check the release when you finish the 32 bit version.

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
What does Asterisk CLI show during an incoming call??
12515*CLI> sip show registry
Host dnsmgr Username Refresh State Reg.Time
inbound34.vitelity.net:5060 N "username Registered Mon, 26 Jan 2015 10:49:31
1 SIP registrations.
12515*CLI>

Details on the CLI when making a outbound call

Nothing on the CLI when receiving call

I did get the "We received 'CHANUNAVAIL' when attempting to route the call to your server" message from Vitelity when the inbound call failed

Thanks,

Jeff

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnordli