R.I.P. Asterisk crashes roughly every 24 hours

DoctorJ

Reaction score
I've noticed this behavior for a few months now, but not sure how to troubleshoot it. It appears I have a RAM leak causing Asterisk to crash.

The PBX recovers fine with minimal loss of service, but it's troubling. I haven't made any configuration changes.

I'm currently on a $10/month Digital Ocean droplet with 1 vCPU and 2GB RAM.

I have several extensions, but rarely exceed 4 concurrent calls. No voice recording. No fax services.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

DoctorJ

Reaction score
Just realized my "fax server" is doing the same thing.

Both Digital Ocean droplets are similar.

PBX Info:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Time to get off the unsupported platform. Move up to Incredible PBX 13-13 or 16-15.

DoctorJ

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the issue with my memory leak was related to Google Voice. Before the "end of GV," I had several trunks. Ultimately, I ported those numbers to new providers and re-provisioned my PBX. I never deleted the Google Voice trunks, even though they were inactive. Bad housekeeping, I know. Since deleting them, memory problems over. Been running smoothly over a week without a hiccup. Just in case someone else is a lazy as I was...

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 4.24.39 PM.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.