SOLVED Asterisk crashed/restart when one of the extension listed in ringing group is/are unavailable.

dotslashtag

Reaction score
Please help me because I'm not sure if this is a bug. I'm running a PIAF 13-12.2. When one or more extensions in the ringing group extension list is unavailable and set the ring strategy to First Available, there are no issues. But when I set it to ring all, hunt, memory and random, asterisk will crashed or reboot and connected calls were cut.

Thanks in advance!

billsimon

Reaction score
Look at /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages for reasons for the crash and also the Asterisk log in /var/log/asterisk/full leading up to the crash.

dotslashtag

Reaction score
Solution: Creating SIP extensions fixed the issue. I didn't interchange the ports. I just bind the SIP port 5061 to Domain/Server IP in my softphone and it registered. Ring group is working fine now even if one or more extensions are unavailable and using any of the ring strategies. Thank you for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.